Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 roadking

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 AM
ramn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 roadking

i wanted to put vanes & hines oval slip onsbut im getting mixed info
do i have to anything else to the bike or can i just do the slip ons

Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 AM
brokenfingers
Advanced
Default RE: 07 roadking

Guys more experienced than me can chime in... but it will matter, especially if you still have the stock air cleaner in there with the stock mapping. The ovals will slide right on the stock exhaust pipes with no problem... but by doing only that you just eliminated alot of your back pressure. You'll probably get really lousy fuel economy if nothing else, but they will still sound sweet. You might be better off holding up until you have everything recommended, high flow air filter and at least some mapping device like a power commander or a fuel pak. I've got the vance and hines setup and am really happy with it. Instructions could have been a bit more clear for the dresser duals though. They aren't too pretentious and have the right mix to me for everything I wanted them to do which was primarily to bleed heat.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to Latus Harley-Davidson's website, go to the Dynolibrary. It give many combinations and differences between products. The fueler is the same as the Fuel Pack, Techlusion. Cobra,etc. It all depends on what your future plans and satisfaction level. I have done may downloads and fuelers, only to have the customer pissed and I cannot do anything but sell him a SERT, Tune and more money. Do it once and be done. SERT is the only way. Great fuel mileage, Max power, big smile. Max fuel with fueler style tune is in the 30's.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

To answer your ?? The V&H Ovals will work fine if you leave the A/C unit stock without doing anything else. The ovals have the V&H power baffle design along with a pipe inside of a pipe design with no packing. This type bafflekeeps good back pressure in the exaust system and has a nice deeper sound without any chrome blueing issues.

I have the Ovals along with the V&H fuel pack and a stage 1 A/C unit. The V&Hfuel pack was a breeze to install. The bike runs great, sounds great, plug color is good, starts easy, no dyno required, no mapping or PC needed and it works great with the 02 sensors.1-2-3 its that easy...

Good luck,
Bill G

Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 AM
brokenfingers
Advanced

Hey Bill, thanks for correcting me... I didn't know... one question though. Aren't the ovals supposed to be a free flowing exhaust system? For some reason I always correlated free flowing with a reduction of back pressure. Is this a mistake?

Old 03-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: brokenfingers

Hey Bill, thanks for correcting me... I didn't know... one question though. Aren't the ovals supposed to be a free flowing exhaust system? For some reason I always correlated free flowing with a reduction of back pressure. Is this a mistake?

They are considered a free flowing muffler with a power typebaffle to help with low and mid torque and HP. If you have seen pictures of V&H new quiet baffles that many are buying to replace there louder V&Hfree flowing baffles you have seen the type of baffle design for the ovals. The only diffrence that I can see isthe baffleis mounted to or inside another internal pipe inside of the chrome outer pipe with an air space between the two with no packing.( I had to replace a baffle under warranty so I have had one of them out)The end of the baffle is plugged forcing the exaust to go around the outside and through the loovers in the baffle and out the tip.

The V&H Teck Deptartmenttold me out of all there touring mufflers the ovals produce the most low and mid HP and torque out of all there touring slip on mufflers and they come in at around 98 decibles in sound.

I do like mine a lot.

Take Care,
Bill G