Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We are back to the days of deposit required

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:11 AM
GuNsLiNgEr420
Cruiser

Those low volume dealers that do not sell many bikes don't get regular shipments like the high volume dealers I guess. Down here in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Slidell, Hammond areas and In Dallas \Ft. Worth areas You can go up and pretty much pick any new model in any color right off the floor. If they don't have it wait until next week, they get truck loads every week.

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:11 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
It certainly doesn't make them a FOOL ... I see it as someone appreciating the product and willing to pay for the experience of owning one
$5k over msrp ? No way .............

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:29 AM
99%er
Cruiser

Originally Posted by valvestem
If a dealer of any kind asked me for a deposit, I would quietly turn around and walk out. These people are creating their own hype to sell their products, and sadly people play right into it. It isn't just HD's, it's everything nowadays. Things are not sold on their merit, but by the hype generated.
You are so correct it hurts.
Just look at the sheep waiting on line at 5am for the "new" iphone when if you just wait a few days there is no waiting.

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:31 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
$5k over msrp ? No way .............
I dont do over msrp. Period. I have no problem at all walking away from it. Not getting into a bidding war with others that are eager to through money away.

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:33 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
Still think that the 2014s are going to drive up the price of pre-2014 bikes?

Don't look like it!

Just sayin... not trying to bait ya!

lp
Never thought that. I have said since they came out that the 2014's will drive the prices of the leftover 2013 models down and saturated the market with pre-2014 used bikes.

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:42 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

My dealer has every 2014 Ultra that they are allocated already sold through the end of the year. I was just down in Vegas. They had all sorts of 2014's on the floor.

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:42 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Never thought that. I have said since they came out that the 2014's will drive the prices of the leftover 2013 models down and saturated the market with pre-2014 used bikes.
Oh my bad. I thought you said you wish you would have waited to sell your 2013 because you could have maybe gotten more money on it because of the 2014s.

Doesn't matter. A lot of people DID say that thinking people were going to want the older models and pay a premium for them because the 2014s sucked so bad. Some thought their bike would be instant classics! I think they were wrong. lol People are obviously gaga over the new bikes and many with the cash for good or bad are dumping their 13s and below to get on the 14 train.

I like the 14s but am REALLY interested in seeing what they do to the RG. Probably be a mess right?! I know you said you didn't care but man I'm just waiting... gonna be something to talk about for sure.

lp

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:46 AM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member

Deposit? I had to pay IN ADVANCE to order an $8 part that they should have had in stock anyway.

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:46 AM
flhxs103
Road Captain

My dealer had to trade an order that was coming in from one to mine. They asked if I can put 1000K down. I said I will put 2K down if it will get here quicker or move me to the front of the line LOL. It all costs the same in the end so why not.
Money talks.

Old 09-21-2013 | 09:48 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
Oh my bad. I thought you said you wish you would have waited to sell your 2013 because you could have maybe gotten more money on it because of the 2014s.

Doesn't matter. A lot of people DID say that thinking people were going to want the older models and pay a premium for them because the 2014s sucked so bad. Some thought their bike would be instant classics! I think they were wrong. lol People are obviously gaga over the new bikes and many with the cash for good or bad are dumping their 13s and below to get on the 14 train.

I like the 14s but am REALLY interested in seeing what they do to the RG. Probably be a mess right?! I know you said you didn't care but man I'm just waiting... gonna be something to talk about for sure.

lp
Oh yeah the Road Glide for sure. They are gonna be a little more in demand for the next year. Just like when I sold my 2012 Big Blue Pearl Street Glide I got a premium for it because the guy wanted BBP. At the time it was a one year color on the SG.

I'm really hoping the new RG will be a game changer. But something tells me otherwise. I can see it having a one piece fairing that extends into the lowers. I'd rather track down an 11 or 12 RG Ultra right now. Not touching anything that has 2013 attached to it. Not a good year for me and would just assume forget it ever happened. LOL

Quick Reply: We are back to the days of deposit required