Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pak vs fuel moto

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Verge
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pak vs fuel moto

Hi guys, looking at a chip can't decide between the Vance and Hines fuel pak, and the fuel moto efi tuner. I'm going to install the vance and Hines big radius pipe and a intake.

Seems like the vance Hines chip doesn't plug directly into the injectors like the fuel moto does. Can't figure what the benefit of this would be.
Looking or advice ? Thanks

Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Stay away from the Fuel Pak. IMO it's junk. I helped a buddy with his on his Harley, and the bike would never run right, no matter what code we entered. And the fact that you can't do any type of tuning with it is terrible.

At least with the Fuelmoto tuner you can be assured the bike will run correctly.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:50 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

both of these devices are known as "piggyback tuners"- the connector from the bike to the ECM is unplugged, the cable for the tuner is attached between them.

in short a piggyback tuner may intercept signals from the sensors ( speed, rpm, o2, air density etc) and in real-time "translate" the data to values which might cause the ECM to act the way we want it to- the signals from the ecm to the actuators ( fuel injectors), may also be translated or altered in a similar way.

fuel moto tends to sell power commander products- and their after sale service is said to be top notch

the V&H may not have as responsive after sale service- however, I myself have asked very specific fuel pak questions of the V&H techs and had satisfactory replies

the only pitfalls are mis-tuning by the owner ( which i see often) and poor connections of the piggyback at the ECM

and for the record, I don't use either of those products.

welcome to the forums...we have a few members from Wild Rose Country

mike