Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway pegs discovered

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 PM
jsims002
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway pegs discovered

Not really a discovery, my wife got me some today. I looked for some off and on, just looking for the short arm HD mounts in black at various dealers and only came across the chrome ones. I didn't order any because I really didn't "need" them. Today at Richmond HD my wife brought the box over to me and said are these the ones you been looking for? She got them for me and I installed them when we got home. I had an extra set of black diamond pegs that match my grips that went perfectly. I haven't tried them on a ride yet but they don't look half bad. If you have highway pegs, what's the best setting, legs fully extended or knees bent?

Jim

Old 09-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Rico Rose
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have moved mine 4 times this summer and found the most comfortable by far is knees slightly bent. This allows you to push yourself back in the seat to relieve lower back strain and with knees bent it puts far less stress on you knee joint. This is the position I have left them in and glad I did when I traveled from Ohio to Yellowstone last month. Also make sure they are angled back toward you. That helps keep your feet on the pegs.

Last edited by Rico Rose; 09-20-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:57 PM
jdvorchak
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

With knees slightly bent you have more options to place your feet. Normal with your arch on the pegs. Stretch with just the ball of the feet on the pegs or even rest your entire foot on top of the pegs by putting your heel on top of them. The idea of having highway pegs is to provide you optional places to put your feet. So why not also add the option of where you put your feet on the pegs?

Old 09-20-2013, 09:03 PM
jsims002
Cruiser

My engine guard is powder-coated black, so I'm 100% sure they are marred where I mounted them. I can adjust them in or out but not up or down other than pivoting the arms. I imagine I'll be doing some test rides.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 PM
torinoman
Cruiser

I relocated mine mounted low on the eng guard so I can ride with my heels on the floor boards and my toes on the pegs. It gives me 3 positions that I can move my feet and flex my knees. The only down side of this is when your riding hard in the twisties you have to flip the pegs up or they'll drag.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Knees slightly bent works best for me as well, and they are low enough that I can have my heels on the boards and rests the ***** of my feet or can even stretch out and rest my ankles on them and lean back against my back rest/back massager/water dispenser/high speed governor (aka wife 3.0) and relax!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:15 PM
kokemill
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Bent

Originally Posted by Rico Rose
most comfortable by far is knees slightly bent.
+1....

Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Billfishin2
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Slightly bent is more comfortable for me and as the other posters have said, more positions available to put your feet ... makes a difference on a long ride ....

Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by torinoman
I relocated mine mounted low on the eng guard so I can ride with my heels on the floor boards and my toes on the pegs. It gives me 3 positions that I can move my feet and flex my knees. The only down side of this is when your riding hard in the twisties you have to flip the pegs up or they'll drag.
This is how I have mine as well. Works out great for me as I too have three foot positions to give me a change.

I'm still too chicken so I haven't scrapped my pegs yet.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:11 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jsims002
My engine guard is powder-coated black, so I'm 100% sure they are marred where I mounted them.
I would check. Most powder coating you can bash with a hammer and it's not coming off. It's extremely durable.

Quick Reply: Highway pegs discovered