Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm install

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts
Default alarm install

Has anybody installed an alarm on there Ultra. Im thinking about doing it over the winter if its not hard to do. Is there alot involved and whats it cost. Have a 13 Ultra. Thx

Old 09-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Determination
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed 2 radio shack sirens on my 13 limited. I got the instructions from this forum. Cost about $12 and took about 15 minutes. Works really good. Just do a search for radio shack sirens.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 PM
atretes1
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeo33y
Has anybody installed an alarm on there Ultra. Im thinking about doing it over the winter if its not hard to do. Is there alot involved and whats it cost. Have a 13 Ultra. Thx
If your talking about just adding the siren to the security system it is one of the easiest plug and play mods I have done. I have a 2013 Street Glide.
I had the radio shack siren mentioned above at one time but I didn't like the sound it made when arming itself. I know have the hd siren

Old 09-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Rijan
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Got a Smart siren a few years ago, didnt take 15min to install more like 20...However the cost was much higher. You can have it beep when the factory alarm kicks in or silent. Basically if anyone tries to place your bike upright or moves it it will give 1 warning siren followed by 2 more warnings then Hell breaks loose! It will go off after a while then re set itself. I also have the pager that is with me on trips....It just makes me sleep a little better in the hotel. It is basically plug and Play. The siren is more for the guys that want to play around with the bike when your not around.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rijan
Hi Got a Smart siren a few years ago, didnt take 15min to install more like 20...However the cost was much higher. You can have it beep when the factory alarm kicks in or silent. Basically if anyone tries to place your bike upright or moves it it will give 1 warning siren followed by 2 more warnings then Hell breaks loose! It will go off after a while then re set itself. I also have the pager that is with me on trips....It just makes me sleep a little better in the hotel. It is basically plug and Play. The siren is more for the guys that want to play around with the bike when your not around.
+1

The HD smart siren and pager is the way to go if you want to know if someone is jacking with your bike. The lit says 1/2 mile and through buildings, and it does that and more. Get the battery operated pager. Easier to change a battery than recharge the

Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Buffalolake
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I put a Scorpio SR-I1100 alarm on my '01. It was a little pricey (about$500, plus monitoring), but I like it. It gives warning chirps if somebody stands too close to the bike, they don't even have to touch it. And it has GPS tracking that I control with my IPhone. I can see where the bike is at any time, turn the alarm on and off, and get text messages and alarms to my phone if someone sets the alarm off. Also comes with a fob that automatically overrides the alarm when I get near it, so I don't have to constantly turn it on and off. It took me less than an hour to install it myself, the hardest part was deciding where to put the sensors. I paid the extra $30 for the plug and play Harley wiring harness, so I didn't have to splice anything.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I just picked up a new, sealed box, Gorilla Alarm for 50.00. Two fobs, one is the pager type, says about 30 min install. For that price I couldn't go wrong...
Has three alarms, one is a bump alarm, second is a tilt ( remove bike off side stand and alarm sounds) third is a power alarm, Hotwire etc....
Has a siren too....

Last edited by Casper; 09-18-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:25 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the MoCo's on my Classic here a couple months ago and it is a piece of cake. Just swap the module with the existing one on the bike. What they don't tell you is you then need to go see a stealer and give them forty some bux to "activate" the damn thing.
This is not real clear in their instructions............but the dealer is more than happy to educate us.......

Old 09-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Sire2Twins
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VTL nut
I put the MoCo's on my Classic here a couple months ago and it is a piece of cake. Just swap the module with the existing one on the bike. What they don't tell you is you then need to go see a stealer and give them forty some bux to "activate" the damn thing.
This is not real clear in their instructions............but the dealer is more than happy to educate us.......

My dealer installed it for $40 bucks and activated it. Figured might as well since I had to have them activate it anyway even if I installed it myself. I installed two of the radio shack sirens myself for about 12 bucks later on and they were well worth it.