Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 ultra limited seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 06:59 PM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2014 ultra limited seat

ok so I have 1600 miles on my bike did 750 the first weekend I had it and just did 600 this past weekend after an hour to an hour and a half I am just about in tears and I have to get off and stretch and hope the foam re-inflates in the seat it is like I am ridding on the frame of the bike am I the only one with this problem ? of if you hate your seat as much as I do what are you doing about it ?
p.s.
my corbin on my sg I road from Philadelphia to Cheshire mass no problem

Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSDUDA
ok so I have 1600 miles on my bike did 750 the first weekend I had it and just did 600 this past weekend after an hour to an hour and a half I am just about in tears and I have to get off and stretch and hope the foam re-inflates in the seat it is like I am ridding on the frame of the bike am I the only one with this problem ? of if you hate your seat as much as I do what are you doing about it ?
p.s.
I have a 12' Limited with a stock seat. It gets uncomfortable after about 3-4 hours. I didn't care for any of the HD seats I tried and will not spend $500-$1000 hoping an aftermarket seat will be better only to be disappointed. So, I bought the road zeppelin seat pad and do not use it until I feel some discomfort. I would rather have a comfortable, long distance seat but the pad does the job for me.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:03 PM
PA1195
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Try out a Streetglide seat. Firmer, better butt fit, not expensive as other HD replacements. My solution on my '12 Limited.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:32 AM
bingram1
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

p.s.
Rode 5 hours on Monday on mine and only had to stop for the wife. If you dont like the seat find one that you do like and put it on. Its all up to the rider what feels good.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:50 AM
orthsj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

p.s.
The 2014 seat feels as bad as the 2013 did, and it was absolutely punishing on a 3400 mile trip in August. I will be replacing it with something. I called Corbin, and they don't have a 2014 in the shop yet to see if their existing pans fit, but they will get one when they can. I have a Corbin for long ride on my Wide Glide and I love it. The seat on the 2014 is my only criticism at this point.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Fogg
I have a 12' Limited with a stock seat. It gets uncomfortable after about 3-4 hours. I didn't care for any of the HD seats I tried and will not spend $500-$1000 hoping an aftermarket seat will be better only to be disappointed. So, I bought the road zeppelin seat pad and do not use it until I feel some discomfort. I would rather have a comfortable, long distance seat but the pad does the job for me.
I was thinking about that or the airhawk

Old 09-18-2013, 12:39 PM
digger2255
Advanced

ok fellas my 2014 limited seat is also uncomfortable i wish there was a place to park the butt on differant seats instead of rolling the dice with a grand

Old 09-18-2013, 02:52 PM
mazz
Road Master
Received 194 Likes on 117 Posts

don't forget their are guys that restuff memory foam or gel in the existing Harley seats
had that gel done and seat lowered and that improved the ride
I am ok with the stock seat on the 12 but if some f$%#king cat tears this seat like the one on my 2008 ultra I would get it lowered and gel stuck in it like alligator bob does in Northern Illinois
I am of the impression much of the seat issues are lack of time in saddle, not all ,but my butt adjusts to longer rides as we go thru the riding season

Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

You need to give Mustang a call and tell them how you ride and they will fit you with a seat. Ride it and if your not satisfied before 10 day's are up, you can trade it for another one.
I have the sport touring for a 2010 Streetglide and love it. Not sure that would be the right fit for you but I'm sure they have the proper seat for all day rides.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:34 PM
easybiker
Advanced

p.s.
Give Mean City Cycles a call. I had them rebuild my seat with gel and memory foam and I love it. It will cost you a lot less then a new seat or seats depending on how many you go through until you find the right one. www.meancitycycles.com

Quick Reply: 2014 ultra limited seat