Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks awesome!!

Nothing better than Black and Chrome in my book

Old 10-20-2013, 07:04 AM
snookie66
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYER
OK no ride report yet, but putting this back together I really like my black and chrome goin on here.

Attachment 339054

Attachment 339055

^^^ Yeah that! ^^^

Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 AM
rlh7677
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Cce

2012 Limited thinking of the same mods , CCE and Traxxion, pulling a trailer amplifies the handling issues. Seems the 2014's will be the best thing that ever happened to the after market people !!

Attached Thumbnails Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09-nova-scotia-2013-829.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great follow through Flyer,
kudo's for taking the time to keep everyone up to date....
Thanks.....signed curious onlooker.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I got the ol barge all back together finally. I was distracted with getting all of my wires routed correctly putting the fairing back on and other little things. Riding it was nice, but what with the new tires, wet patches of pavement and slippery leaves on the road I took it pretty easy. At least it seemed like it but I realized I was motoring faster than usual just because of all the slowing down I had to do coming up to the corners.

I am going to start putting some miles on. My first impression is very tight and planted. But I had to laugh because it is so hard to explain what I was looking to get fixed with this mod. The little wiggles I had in the front end was like when you turned the bike might just turn a little more. Or when you turned maybe it wouldn't turn as quick as you did. Now it is what you do when you do it. The difference to me is sort of like this, have you ever had a small hangnail or sliver that you didn't think about all the time but it was still on the edge irritating you especially if you bumped it? Not a real big deal but... Then the hangnail or the sliver went away. You know that feeling? Well that's about as good as I can describe the change.

I have to sort out the suspension settings on the Progressive 944's I put on the rear, and I will be updating further impressions.

Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09-fullside-4.jpg

Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09-fullside3.jpg

Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09-fullside1.jpg

Last edited by FLYER; 10-22-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Swany6mm
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYER
Update: I am posting pics of an upgrade....
Flyer, not really contributing to your request, and I know this is an older post (Just reading for my first time), but that picture of your bike...WOW....That is a GOOD LOOKING bike...I'm floored by it She is a beauty!

Sorry I can't contribute to what you are looking for (maybe your questions are answered later in the thread and I'll find out there), but just had to give you a compliment on the bike.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:21 PM
FLYER
Road Master

Originally Posted by Swany6mm
Flyer, not really contributing to your request, and I know this is an older post (Just reading for my first time), but that picture of your bike...WOW....That is a GOOD LOOKING bike...I'm floored by it She is a beauty!

Sorry I can't contribute to what you are looking for (maybe your questions are answered later in the thread and I'll find out there), but just had to give you a compliment on the bike.
Thank you.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:25 PM
FLYER
Road Master

Originally Posted by DynaJ
Wiggle? I just don't get what wiggles...I have a 2012 street glide with a 21 inch front wheel, did the heavy duty 1 inch lowering springs in the front and have the 1 inch lowering blocks in the rear and I can do 90 mph in cruise mode and ride with no hands its just that smooth and track straight! The Harley dealer told me about all that handling mumbo jumbo and I just can't see dropping that kind of money for better handling? The only thing I might do is the rear shocks but I have been looking at the shotgun shock set up for the street glide, but that would be for looks not handling and comfort because I love the ride my bike has. Afterall the dealer said no one wants the "old" street glides anymore...LOL.
The best description for the improvement is getting rid of the numb or vague feeling in the steering head. There is a distinct difference in solid feel at any speed and at any turning situation. As the miles build up this effect is becoming very obvious. I have been on sport bikes that felt really solid and almost speedless. Well the CCE triple takes a Harley that direction. Very nice mod. I don't know if I am there yet with the 944 shocks on the rear, right now a little stiffer than I wanted. One nice thing is the CCE head does not affect the ride at all, just the handling.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:20 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flyer,

Any updates?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:33 AM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Flyer,

Any updates?
From his sig it looks like the update is buying a 2014, afterall.

Quick Reply: Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09