Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:50 AM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
I'd like to know also. I'm trying to decide between the 944's or the HD Premium Ride Hand-adjustable standard height shocks.
I also had this question as the motor company has the HD premium adj shocks and also a front end monotube kit. Quite a few reasons for me to go with the progressive items. 1. Original solution thinkers with a good reputation, Harley copies everyone else after others have demonstrated a fix. 2. the 944's have the full 13" travel but still drop the bike 1" and with the hammock seat that now seems to matter. 3. Made in USA means something to me, and God only knows where the Harley parts are coming from.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:56 AM
FLYER
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jinks
I'm keepin' my '07. Slightly taller (Wide Glide) bars, a chrome front end kit (with an extra ounce of oil in each leg), & a hydraulic clutch. The bars make it comfortable. The extra oil in the front end stops the dive when brakin', & makes it ride good. The hydraulic clutch eliminates adjusting, lubing the cable, & all clutch maintenance other than bleedin' every other year. Works for me, YMMV..........
Sounds like you have a good plan going. The service manager actually recommended as we discussed improvements the extra oil in the forks. But when we got around to the progressive monotube discussion he was very enthused. The monotubes are happening because when I take the bike apart for the CCE triple tree I only want to go in one time. I like the bar idea you have and the hyd clutch, maybe this will happen for me this time, haven't ordered that stuff yet. Are you going to go to poly handlebar bushings?

Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
I'd like to know also. I'm trying to decide between the 944's or the HD Premium Ride Hand-adjustable standard height shocks.
SPAM Alert!

I have a pair of HD Premium shocks that came off my 2011 Street Glide after less than 1K miles. Just sitting in the box, PM if you're interested.

Thanks

Old 09-18-2013, 01:56 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FLYER
Sounds like you have a good plan going. The service manager actually recommended as we discussed improvements the extra oil in the forks. But when we got around to the progressive monotube discussion he was very enthused. The monotubes are happening because when I take the bike apart for the CCE triple tree I only want to go in one time. I like the bar idea you have and the hyd clutch, maybe this will happen for me this time, haven't ordered that stuff yet. Are you going to go to poly handlebar bushings?
I too, am considering the CCE triple tree, but haven't found a lot of feedback from people who've tried it.

Looking forward to your opinion.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 307 Likes on 199 Posts

Another option, they're suppose to be great..

http://www.traxxion.com/harley-david...onupgrade.aspx

Old 09-18-2013, 06:43 AM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
SPAM Alert!

I have a pair of HD Premium shocks that came off my 2011 Street Glide after less than 1K miles. Just sitting in the box, PM if you're interested.

Thanks
PM sent

Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYER
I've had all these mods on my bike for years. I didn't bother with the poly bushings, & haven't needed 'em. The best change was the clutch! It works so much better & requires so much less thought & maintenance that I've been calling for Harley to make it stock for years.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jinks
I've had all these mods on my bike for years. I didn't bother with the poly bushings, & haven't needed 'em. The best change was the clutch! It works so much better & requires so much less thought & maintenance that I've been calling for Harley to make it stock for years.
Do you have a CCE triple tree? If so, care to share your opinion?

Thanks

Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 PM
JokerJ13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe it's just me. But just like a new car or truck. Everything new seems to have tighter handling than a used vehicle. It only makes sense that it would. The true test is, and even this would be subjective, is to ride two different model years when they are brand new.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:03 PM
FLYER
Road Master

I got the CCE triple and progressive parts. I'll post some pics. I started the install.

Quick Reply: Why I wanted a 14, but staying with my 09