Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What header pipe should i put on my 2008 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013 | 12:30 AM
Mike ebthmc
|
1st Gear
Default What header pipe should i put on my 2008 street glide

I have a 2008 street glide with Rinehart slip ons, the motor is stock and I'm looking for a header pipe that not only sounds badass but also produces power, the looks are not as important but don't want a ugly pipe. I know it's hard to find a pipe that has the looks, that deep rumble and also power, so I can deal with a decent lookin pipe as long as it sound an performs great. I prefer the duel pipe look but would like some of you input. Thanks

Old 09-17-2013 | 12:33 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Welcome to the forums !! get ready for a lot of opinions mine is for Dragos True Duals dragosbikeworks.com

Old 09-17-2013 | 04:24 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Most people say that a 2-1 will make more power, but personally I don't like the look. I do like the look of a 2-1-2, and am considering the S&S power tune duals. S&S claims an 8hp gain over stock, but for me I just like the way they look. They are pretty affordable too.
Amazon.com: S&S Cycle Power Tune Duals 550-0003: Automotive Amazon.com: S&S Cycle Power Tune Duals 550-0003: Automotive

Old 09-17-2013 | 07:29 PM
Mike ebthmc
|
1st Gear

Originally Posted by just plain john
Most people say that a 2-1 will make more power, but personally I don't like the look. I do like the look of a 2-1-2, and am considering the S&S power tune duals. S&S claims an 8hp gain over stock, but for me I just like the way they look. They are pretty affordable too. Amazon.com: S&S Cycle Power Tune Duals 550-0003: Automotive

So I've heard about the s&s header an all tho it does claim 8hp (from what i have heard ) that deep sound I'm lookin for just isn't there. An when you say. 2-1-2, what do you mean?

Old 09-17-2013 | 08:07 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Default Another Vote for S&S Power Tune Duals!!!

I put the S&S Power Tune Duals head pipe on my '08 Street Glide and am really pleased. Gave the old bike that new bike look with the benefit of the crossover for that 2-1-2 exhaust. When they say 2-1-2, they are talking two pipes into 1 pipe and then back to two pipes. This pipe isn't a"true" 2-1-2 pipe. It is a true dual pipe with a crossover chamber added between the two pipes to help with scavenging and added performance. The Amazon link is a good price. I got mine from directcycleparts.com for the same price.

Old 09-17-2013 | 09:39 PM
In2It
Road Captain

Can that header be used with a center stand?

Old 09-17-2013 | 10:09 PM
SteelHorseSD
Intermediate

I went with the S&S Power Tune also. Gives the true dual look with the supposed benefit of a 2-1-2. (I didn't love the crossover chamber on the v&h power duals). I replaced a thunderheader 2-1, and no noticeable power difference- at least to the butt dyno.

I paired with some monster ovals, and it's plenty deep sounding.

Fit and finish were excellent. Oh, and I ordered from amsdiscountparts.com, however when I called them to check stock after finding them on amazon, the guy offered me another $20 or so off the amazon price if I ordered directly with him. Shipped to my door 2 days later for $475 even. Just noticed the link above is cheaper.. mine were the black finished heat shields- maybe why they were more.. at any rate.. was the cheapest at the time.

Last edited by SteelHorseSD; 09-17-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2013 | 07:45 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mike ebthmc
that deep sound I'm lookin for just isn't there.
I don't have the headpipe yet, so I can't speak to the sound, but my 4" Rineharts on the stock headpipe has plenty of rumble and I can't imagine the S&S would sound worse than stock. It's next on my to do list.

Old 09-20-2013 | 03:03 PM
Mike ebthmc
|
1st Gear

What do you guys think about the bassani race pipe

Old 09-20-2013 | 03:47 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mike ebthmc
I have a 2008 street glide with Rinehart slip ons, the motor is stock and I'm looking for a header pipe that not only sounds badass but also produces power, the looks are not as important but don't want a ugly pipe. I know it's hard to find a pipe that has the looks, that deep rumble and also power, so I can deal with a decent lookin pipe as long as it sound an performs great. I prefer the duel pipe look but would like some of you input. Thanks
How do we know what look or sound you like? Listen to pipes, pick one you like...

Quick Reply: What header pipe should i put on my 2008 street glide