Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More tuner stuff

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:27 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default More tuner stuff

I am trying to learn about tuners.
I have XIED on it now....It runs Ok I guess with just cheapo slip ons from E-Bay and no pinging that I can hear...

OK Here is what I understand...I think
2009 Road King
I already put on cheapo slip on's sound great for me.
Buy a Aircleaner from Fuel Moto for throttle by wire bike.
Buy Power vision tuner.
Connect and follow directions and tune the bike to those add ons.
Unplug the tuner and put in drawer and ride the bike happily ever after.
It will be tuned to run its best by running cooler and live long.
Do I get it? I posted on fuel thread and only heard from two people.
Be kind with comments but I want suggestions to my thinking on this.
Thanks in advance
Hap

Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM
bbrooks1963
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

May I suggest you look take a look at the K&N 3930 from Amazon (approx. $125) and it has a high velocity stack. I you are planning no more modifications, you will probably be happy with the Power Commander V from Fuel Moto (they can provide you a map for your bike configuration that should work well). If you are planning future mods, I would suggest the TTS Mastertune 2 (you can get one with cable kit for approx. $400). You will be very happy with the bikes performance and you don't have to depend on the dealership to tune your bike every time you make a change. The Mastertune allows you to load a canned map, setup a closed loop riding environment and do 2-3 one hour tuning rides to dial into a near dyno state.

I have never used the Power Vision, but I have seen several good reviews. It is my understanding that you will need to get the wide band O2 sensors in your exhaust to get the best performance from the Power Vision. Someone who has used one feel free to correct me.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:09 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You do not need the wideband autotune for the PV. FuelMoto talked me out of it for stage 1. The built in autotune is just fine and lets you fine tune a canned tune.... which FuelMoto gets pretty darn close from the start. Also FuelMoto provides map support basically forever if you buy PV from them. Give them a call and discuss options. They support other tuning devices as well.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:14 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I have never used the Power Vision, but I have seen several good reviews. It is my understanding that you will need to get the wide band O2 sensors in your exhaust to get the best performance from the Power Vision. Someone who has used one feel free to correct me
The power vision also has the ability to autotune with the narrowband o2 sensors.
I have a power vision and very happy with it. there is also this tuner I have heard some good reviews on it also. http://www.rccomponents.com/rcxhaust...-celerator.htm

Old 09-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

TTS Uses stock O2 sensors. But as of late I keep reading everybody says with the power vision you need the wide bands. That is not true. TTS and power vision are both great tuners. I would stewr a beginer towards power vision and Support of fuel Moto.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

The big advantage as far as I am concerned is the PV will hold 6 maps and all the canned maps and can do autotune, quicktune, log record, and all without the laptop being on the bike. If you change the tune and it doesn't work you can stop down the road and in 45 seconds have the old program back in or another preloaded map or canned map installed without using a laptop. If you mount the PV you can monitor any sensor on the bike as many as 6 at a time. Spark advance and VE front and back, warmup fuel, accelerator enrichment, decel enleanment, engine temp, intake temp, iac, O2,s, throttle position, percent load, instant mpg, two trip mpg, knock count, rpms, volts, and that isn't all.

Last edited by ke5rbd; 09-17-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:37 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
The big advantage as far as I am concerned is the PV will hold 6 maps and all the canned maps and can do autotune, quicktune, log record, and all without the laptop being on the bike. If you change the tune and it doesn't work you can stop down the road and in 45 seconds have the old program back in or another preloaded map or canned map installed without using a laptop. If you mount the PV you can monitor any sensor on the bike as many as 6 at a time. Spark advance and VE front and back, warmup fuel, accelerator enrichment, decel enleanment, engine temp, intake temp, iac, O2,s, throttle position, percent load, instant mpg, two trip mpg, knock count, rpms, volts, and that isn't all.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:35 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hapbob

Unplug the tuner and put in drawer and ride the bike happily ever after.
It will be tuned to run its best by running cooler and live long.
Hap
If you want to set it and forget it, the PV might be over kill. For what you're describing, a PCIII would do that with maps from fuelmoto. Call and talk to the professionals.