Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the 2014 Limited include a basic tool kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 AM
jkane13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does the 2014 Limited include a basic tool kit?

Like the title says ... Does Harley include a basic tool kit in the new models? I have never bought a new bike. This will be my first.

What's in the tool kit? The multi purpose wrench things? The 4 headed screw driver thingy? Anything else?

Or, is that maybe a dealer by dealer thing and not something the factory includes?

Yeah, I know it'll be very basic, and I have a better tool kit on my bike now. I am asking because I am selling my old bike before I get my new one. I am wondering if I should leave the stuff I got with it (the things mentioned above) since I will get new ones, or should I keep the old tools if H-D no longer includes them. Of course I am keeping the wrenches and such I bought along the way.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:44 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

My FLHXS came with a HD all-in-one thingy I didn't even look at. It's in a box with the paperwork.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:01 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

My 2014 Ultra Limited came with what Harley calls "All-In-One Folding Tool-94435-10".

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...e-folding-tool

It's much more compact than the previous tool kits that came with the bikes, I think it's a upgrade. Lighter and easier to store. Includes: Torx bits, Hex Bits, 3/32, 1/4, 3/8, screwdriver bits, Phillips, slotted, Open end wrenches 9/16, 1/2 and 10mm. Comes with a nylon pouch.

I also carry a tire inflation and repair kit. Beyond that, I carry my motorcycle towing service card; just in case.

Hope this helps
Scott

Old 09-12-2013, 08:10 AM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess that's how they get you in the shop because you have no way of fixing it yourself!

Old 09-12-2013, 08:17 AM
jkane13
Tourer

That thing is ugly! Yeah, more compact, but looks painful on the hand. I think I'll at least keep the 4 headed screw driver thing. I never liked the wrench things. They are awkward. Kind of like the picture of the new tool. I'll leave them in the bike.

Thanks for the quick replies and the link to a picture

Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

That folding tool is the same that came with my 2012 Ultra. Oddly enugh, they do not come with a new Softail, at least not mine.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:25 AM
jkane13
Tourer

My tool kit includes all the things I have bought while on the road because I needed them! A crescent wrench that doubles as a hammer. A cheap small set of english and metric open ended wrenches. A set of english and metric allen wrenches. A small needle nose pliers with side cutter. Vice Grip. An air pump. Black tye wraps. Mini screwdriver with knife inside. The screwdriver that came with it that as 2 torx and one each flat and cross tip heads for it. Flashlight. Locktite. Playtex Gloves (in case I need to stay "clean"). Seems like there are a couple other things in that bag. It sits in the bottom of a saddle bag with the rain suit on top all the time. I also have a leatherman multi tool in my pocket all the time.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:13 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer and I need to have a chat about this tool kit. MOCO needs to rethink it.
I kept my old (HD) highway foot pegs off my 2009 with the 2009 tool kit. I didn't have the right size with the 2014 tool kit to reinstall. OK, tried to over look that one.
Today I tried to lower the passenger floor boards for my wife. I grabbed the handy dandy tool kit and I am not able to use it to adjust the passenger floor boards.
I am not a wrench guy. But at the same time if something easy needs to be tightened down while on the road. The took kit should be able to take care of the emergency stuff on the road.
So keep your old tool kit and or be ready to add to the new one.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 PM
6165hd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm scared now,.... if they included a mini folding tool kit, for a 25 to 28,000 dollar bike, ?? Must be a thank you gift for your purchase, like they gave an mini Ipod with a purchase of the 2013 cvo's- road glide and road king.

but always safe than sorry.

Last edited by 6165hd; 09-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

My 2014 Limited came with a basic tool kit. On the other hand I was not expecting it to come with a come roll out of Snap On tools either. No one sez you can't add to it. I was pleased it came with any type of tools, I got my money's worth on this new Limited as a Motorcycle, wasn't expecting more extra stuff.

Quick Reply: Does the 2014 Limited include a basic tool kit?