Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather softening tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:50 PM
CBud
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by zeke383
A lot of the info posted above will soften the leather with treatments or tumbling but the jacket still won't "hang" on you properly. The only thing that i have seen that speeds this up a bit is if the jacket gets damp and dries as you are wearing it. Other than that, wear it everywhere...around the house, watching tv, everywhere. I believe a jacket that is properly broken in by wearing it will fit YOU and have the proper hang.
This! Believe it or not. To break in my English riding boots, I fill them with water, dump them out and then wear them until they are dry. Then condition regularly to keep the black finish from cracking. I doubt a leather jacket's finish would crack, like show boots because the leather is tanned differently and thicker than the thin leather finish on riding boots.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Ben221's old lady
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tips all! We bought a 2013 Road King Classic late last year and I'm enjoying being a passenger. Only thing I can bitch about is that I don't get to ride it enough, and finding the right jacket is a pain in the ***. I had a couple and finally settled on one that appeared to fit well. But the collar doesn't fold down so after an hour or so it gets annoying poking on my neck. And the leather is so stiff on the sleeves that I can barely lift my arms up to my helmet for more than a couple seconds.

My husband introduced me to this forum and this is my first post. Apparently I posted in the wrong section, but I'm new so thanks for going easy on me!