Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bet no one has thought of this phone holder

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013 | 09:04 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
I get a good chuckle when someone actually thinks they have a genuinely unique idea, then someone else posts with the same exact thing LOL!!!

I would imagine you get some vibration from this setup though?
Yes a little @ idle, but not at cruising speeds. I needed to prop the bag up a little to get a good view of the screen (for GPS) when the sun is shining directly on it. It actually helped in reducing the vibes at idle too.

Old 09-10-2013 | 09:28 AM
Maco
Cruiser

Originally Posted by just plain john
steelerdude1, what brand of cradle is that?
It is called life proof. I have the same one.

Old 09-10-2013 | 11:15 AM
Bagger_Vance
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
That is pretty similar to what I use - Great minds think alike. LOL

Damn straight!

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
I get a good chuckle when someone actually thinks they have a genuinely unique idea, then someone else posts with the same exact thing LOL!!!

I would imagine you get some vibration from this setup though?
Glad I could make you laugh. I thought it was pretty clever but I guess I'm not the only one, which is a good thing for all of us.

Old 09-10-2013 | 05:37 PM
RockyS
Advanced

The problem with those clamp phone holders is there isn't a bit of protection for your phone. The wind will find it's way into every orifice on the phone and quickly cause problems. I bought the Cyclone Custom Console for my SG. It's clean looking, chrome plated metal. Locks my phone securely into a compartment, and is completely weatherproof with cables concealed. Looks like it was factory installed on my bike it's so clean.

My iPhone 5 was having problems charging a few weeks ago. I bought another charger and that didn't help. I took it to the Apple store and the guy picked a bunch of lint from deep inside the charging port. He said this is a very common problem. The lint from your pocket won't allow the charging cable to get in the hole all the way. So I'm thinking road dirt would quickly plug up my speaker holes, cable ports, and gum up the buttons. I could not believe the amount of lint he pulled out of my phone just from being in my pocket.

Old 09-10-2013 | 06:46 PM
jsims002
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RockyS
The problem with those clamp phone holders is there isn't a bit of protection for your phone. The wind will find it's way into every orifice on the phone and quickly cause problems. I bought the Cyclone Custom Console for my SG. It's clean looking, chrome plated metal. Locks my phone securely into a compartment, and is completely weatherproof with cables concealed. Looks like it was factory installed on my bike it's so clean.

My iPhone 5 was having problems charging a few weeks ago. I bought another charger and that didn't help. I took it to the Apple store and the guy picked a bunch of lint from deep inside the charging port. He said this is a very common problem. The lint from your pocket won't allow the charging cable to get in the hole all the way. So I'm thinking road dirt would quickly plug up my speaker holes, cable ports, and gum up the buttons. I could not believe the amount of lint he pulled out of my phone just from being in my pocket.
My wife washed my iPhone 5, when I got it replaced I immediately purchased a Lifeproof case, without a doubt the best and slimmest waterproof/shockproof case made. I got the handlebar mount, all their mounts are the same cradle with different attach points and don't think would ever come out unless forced out by hand.

Old 09-10-2013 | 08:40 PM
Bagger_Vance
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RockyS

Probably some truth to that. However, I've got 11,000 miles on my FXD with that cradle mounted to my handlebars (directly in the wind) and no issues with my S3 at all. It's a damn good phone. I've never had to blow out any of the ports with my air compressor either which is good.

Old 09-10-2013 | 08:47 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member

here is how I did mine