Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tech service bulletins

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default tech service bulletins

Got a Email back from HD investor relations today.
They claim the ONLY bulletin issued on my bike (06 flhtci) so far is the
ignition lock repair. Which I had done.
They didn't appreciate my response, That if HDMOCO wouldn't of been trying
to get by so CHEAP, and made it right in the first place, they wouldn't be doing
it over again. Cheaper to do it right the first time, then have to call a bunch back
in and do it again.

I had asked HDMOCO for a list of all that pertained to my bike and a couple others I was
interested in reading up on:
stators that were burning up early
front brakes that had been squealing
engines having oil sumping issues
etc.
They told me I had to go to the dealer for those and if they did NOT apply to my bike I would not be able to see them.
And that HDMOCO does NOT release tech bulletins to the retail customer.

So I guesss I must ask what are they hiding and why.
I would think a better informed consumer would be a good thing.
But what the he** do I know????

Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tech service bulletins

So I guesss I must ask what are they hiding and why.
I would think a better informed consumer would be a good thing.
With all due respect - may I suggest you SELL your bike and go buy something you ARE happy with?!?? Why the blue blazes should MOCO spend the time and money to send you tech bulletins that don't pertain to your bike?!?? And if you think they WANT to spend the money on recalls, you're wrong. An engineer designs something that looks good on paper. If it doesn't work, the costs involved to correct it are significant.

And frankly, if I got a letter with the kind of 'tude your post implies, you would NOT have liked my response!!

I'll be more'n happy to supply you with links to other mfr's websites.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:32 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldn't agree with George more on this one. I have been driving MOPARs for years. Know how many recalls Chrysler has had in the last 10 years? Before that I drove Fords. They have reacalls on models every year. So does GM; We don't stop driving them do we? ALL the automakers, hell, all manufacturers have these recalls. Let's be glad they identify some of this stuff and fix it. I am thrilled with my HD. If is has recalls, as long as they are fixed, I will still be thrilled with it. Personally, and I don't mean this wrong, I could care less what is wrong with any thing I am not riding, buying or using . I doubt HDMOCO is 'hiding' anything.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: choochoo
They claim the ONLY bulletin issued on my bike (06 flhtci) so far is the
ignition lock repair. Which I had done.
They didn't appreciate my response, That if HDMOCO wouldn't of been trying
to get by so CHEAP, and made it right in the first place, they wouldn't be doing
it over again. Cheaper to do it right the first time, then have to call a bunch back
in and do it again.
Well if you had a clue as to what you were talking about they may have actually talked to you.
The ignition repair/recall was a non safety recall. It was done because the fork locking pin was getting bent, and a few clutch cables were getting crimped.

I had a regional rep explain that it wasn't a "must do" recall, but the MoCo would like to get them all re-done. All they did was put in a slightly beefier pin and spring, and slide up the rubber fork stop.
Local opinion was newbie riders having thier forks jamb, and instead of trying to turn them and unlock, they forced them bending the pin. Basically the MoCo made the assembly more idiot-proof, with the upgrade.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain

Well if you had a clue as to what you were talking about they may have actually talked to you.
Well, it's obvious he doesn't have a clue becuase he brought up the sumping "issue" again.

Exactly!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Silverearl
Road Captain

Well if they recall mine.. I will take it in. I have waited to long to own a HD and now that I have it I am not going to let a couple of recalls stop me from riding and enjoying it.. That is why I bought it.. TO ENJOY!!! Not worry when is being recalled...

Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior

With all due respect - may I suggest you SELL your bike and go buy something you ARE happy with?!?? Why the blue blazes should MOCO spend the time and money to send you tech bulletins that don't pertain to your bike?!?? And if you think they WANT to spend the money on recalls, you're wrong. An engineer designs something that looks good on paper. If it doesn't work, the costs involved to correct it are significant.
AMEN !!!!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If there are any recallsfor your particular bike you can go to the HD website and put in the vin and find out what they are. (you probably already know this) That information if there is any is there fior you to see, that isn't hiding anything I don't think. Just ride the hell out of it and enjoy it, they're great bikes. And BTW something I sometimes have trouble remembering too is that you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar

Old 03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Silverearl
Road Captain

But if you are riding you can catch more at 70 then at 50...

Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Not exactly the responses you were looking for[]

Quick Reply: tech service bulletins