Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Seat Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ultimate Seat Review

Recently, I order a seat from Ultimate Seat Company. I chose the Midrider seat. I am 6’2” and 215 lbs. Once the seat arrived and install I found it push me too far forward. Call the company and re-order the Tall Boy seat which sets you back 1 1\2” and returned the Midrider. Once the seat arrived, it was installed and fit me perfectly. My wife and I took a 400 mile trip up to the San Francisco area and back to test things out.
Also, this seat was set up to accommodate grab rails for the passenger.
Here are my impressions;

The seat is well made by any standard. The driver seat is comfortable but it takes a bit of time to break the unit in. After a couple hundred miles I could feel a real difference compared to the stock seat. As far as seating position for the Tall Boy, it is just about the same as a stock Harley seat. The backrest is well made and comfortable. You can feel the support more so than a Harley backrest as it is adjustable forward or backwards and is considerable better quality. All in all, this is one fine seat. I really did like it.

Now, here is the bad news; my wife hated it. The seat is near two inches narrower than the stock UC seat and an inch or so shorter in length (part of this design was accommodate the grab rails). So, there is considerable less sitting area for the passenger. After a couple of hours on the seat she began to complain about being very uncomfortable and my wife rarely complains about much at all. The long and short is; this is a well made seat. It fits the driver quite well but it does not support the passenger as well as it could. I called the company and they where very understanding and no hassles at all about a full refund. You have to pay the shipping charges back but you are not stuck with a seat that doesn't work for you. I was going to order the normal seat without the grab rail set up but was told the normal seat is about the same size so there was no point in doing so.

Lastly, this seat will work for some passengers I am sure as they sell a ton of seats so there are a lot of folks happy with the passenger setup, it just didn’t work for my wife but it did work for me. The customer service is great and very accommodating. I wish they would build a seat that would match the size of the passenger seat Harley makes for the UC and we both would be happy.

I hope this is helpful to some of you looking for a new seat. I suppose there is never a perfect solution when it comes to motorcycle seats. I have had Corbin and Mustang seats and they too have issues as well. Anyway, maybe this review will be of use to some of you.

Ps: my wife 5’4” and about 140 lbs

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/ultimateseatquality.html

Last edited by Terrabella; 09-07-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added website
The following users liked this post:
xsivhp (07-14-2024)