Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux LED Light Trim Rings Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Determination
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aux LED Light Trim Rings Needed?

I have searched the forum and I am still confused on this issue. I recently ordered the Trucklite Phase 7 LED lights. The headlight and the passing lights. I have read that I can use my stock trim ring for the headlight, but I have read differing accounts on whether or not the stock aux rings will work. Can someone fill me in and let me know what I need to get for a 2013 FLHTK?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:38 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Determination
I have searched the forum and I am still confused on this issue. I recently ordered the Trucklite Phase 7 LED lights. The headlight and the passing lights. I have read that I can use my stock trim ring for the headlight, but I have read differing accounts on whether or not the stock aux rings will work. Can someone fill me in and let me know what I need to get for a 2013 FLHTK?
You actually have it backwards. You CAN and Need to use the stock trim ring for the head light, but the Trucklight LED headlight will stick out a little. Most of us went and added the French trim ring (which mounts over top of the stocker). The stock trim rings work fine with the passing lights.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
You actually have it backwards. You CAN and Need to use the stock trim ring for the head light, but the Trucklight LED headlight will stick out a little. Most of us went and added the French trim ring (which mounts over top of the stocker). The stock trim rings work fine with the passing lights.
Exactly correct.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Determination
Intermediate

Thank you. I really appreciate the quick responses. The order is due to arrive next Wednesday and I will not be able to install them until next weekend. That should give me time to find and order the French trim ring you spoke of.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

The above replies are correct but I chose to add the Kuryakyn LED trim rings to all 3. Something on the headlight is necessary and the LED trim was only bout $70. The Aux trims were a bit more expensive and not really necessary but I like them.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Determination
Intermediate

A bit worried now that you mentioned $70. I purchased this for $25 + shipping. Did I get the wrong item?

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A BRAND NEW FRENCHED HEADLIGHT RING FOR 83-LATER ELECTRA GLIDE, ROAD KING, AND TRIKE MODELS. ALSO FITS 86-04 FL SOFTAIL MODELS EQUIPPED WITH CHROME NACELLE KIT P/N 67907-96B. KIT INCLUDES MOUNTING RING ASSEMBLY. THIS HEADLIGHT RING FITS OVER THE STOCK HEADLIGHT RING.
PART IS MADE OF METAL NOT PLASTIC

Old 09-07-2013, 03:20 AM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Determination
A bit worried now that you mentioned $70. I purchased this for $25 + shipping. Did I get the wrong item?

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A BRAND NEW FRENCHED HEADLIGHT RING FOR 83-LATER ELECTRA GLIDE, ROAD KING, AND TRIKE MODELS. ALSO FITS 86-04 FL SOFTAIL MODELS EQUIPPED WITH CHROME NACELLE KIT P/N 67907-96B. KIT INCLUDES MOUNTING RING ASSEMBLY. THIS HEADLIGHT RING FITS OVER THE STOCK HEADLIGHT RING.
PART IS MADE OF METAL NOT PLASTIC

It is probably a good deal Mine does have a ring of bright LEDs around the headlight. They both mount over the stock trim ring.