Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tour pack lighting any ideas to improve our Red Butt

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013 | 07:35 AM
mazz
|
Road Master
Default tour pack lighting any ideas to improve our Red Butt

I want more lighting on rear of tour pack for my 2012 Limited . I see 67932-11 in catalog but I think for 500 bucks their might be something better and or brighter. I have led on the lower lights. any ideas to improve our Red A$$
Mazz

Old 09-05-2013 | 09:32 AM
mmf
Cruiser

Look at custom dynamics for some led lights for the tp. There are various options for a lot less cash.

Old 09-05-2013 | 09:50 AM
dwayne.aycock
Tourer

If you have the air wing tour pack, you can add the light kit. You could also add the "bright *** light" in place of your stock brake light. On my 09 Ultra, I have saddle bag spoilers that have LEDs built in. A buddy of mine added POD lights at the front of his tour pack (just behind the passanger seat) with simple aluminium brackets that he could bend to the desired shape. He pointed them as a 45 degree angle so they were not obviously visible from the rear (cops wont bother you) but offered a nice glow of extra hight. I am planning to do this to my scoot this weekend.
D

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:02 AM
rjheff
Tourer

Post up a pic of your set up when you get it done.
Thanks

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:05 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

I have an airwing rack w led kit.

my wife says the rear visibility is good at night.

when stopped, if you don't have a flashing rear light, work the brakes to flash the brake light for oncoming phone booths (cars).

keep the bike in gear, clutch in, right foot on brake- have your exit planned

watch for the one who isn;t going to stop

Mike

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:16 AM
JetD
Road Captain
Default All LED

On a new ride, I go for these two items first: 1-best 'stopping' power; and 2- be seen.
After improving the braking system, next, for me is convering bulbs to LEDs.
Rear: changed out the tail/signal for LEDs (KAs removed from last two bikes).
Brake/run/signal set up for tail/signal/fender tip. Next was replacing the tour pak bulbs with LEDs (bulbs-google 1157 leds) linked into the b/r/t system.
The next addition to the rear will be a 'custom dynamics' type r/t/b strip near top of tour pac.

Front: signals to LEDs (used from last two bikes). Passing lamps to LED (Phse 7 TLs). Have had a set of KA 'six-paks' I've used on last two bikes removed when sold-added those, changed halogen to LED bulbs.

Next is the HL-but have not decided which route to go. I like the Phase-7 LEDs, but I also like the dual bulb HD with the upgraded aftermarket halogens... I just don't care for the 'draw/heat' of bulbs vs LEDs.

Still working on it--slowly. My two cents. Good luck.

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:20 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

I added the BAL tail light and it makes a big difference. SJ Ron

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:30 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

All you need is a set of Hyper-Lites - that's all you need.

On my old 03 Ultra, I had saddlebag guard lights, license plate lights, tour pak lights, passenger floor board lites and a set of Hyper-Lites. Now all I have are the Hyper-Lites.....and at $69 it's a bargin.

I also put 1/8" Solas reflective tape around the edge of the tourpac lid and a few other unnoticable places. That stuff is worth it's weight in gold. Nothing out reflects it.

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:31 AM
timeighty5
Advanced

Originally Posted by mmf
Look at custom dynamics for some led lights for the tp. There are various options for a lot less cash.
I replaced all my front indicators and read run/brake/turn lights with LEDs from custom dynamics. I also put the Magic Strobe on the back to flash when I hit the brakes. About $230 out the door and what a difference!!!

Old 09-05-2013 | 10:32 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by mazz
I want more lighting on rear of tour pack for my 2012 Limited . I see 67932-11 in catalog but I think for 500 bucks their might be something better and or brighter. I have led on the lower lights. any ideas to improve our Red A$$
Mazz
That is a nice looking setup .... I've seen "knock offs" on E-Bay ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LED-Tail...b24ad1&vxp=mtr ) and wonder if anyone has tried this ... Does it fit correctly? Durability? Longevity?

Quick Reply: tour pack lighting any ideas to improve our Red Butt