Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 touring bikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 11:54 AM
the sniper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 touring bikes

as the 2014 bikes have not been unveiled in the uk yet....

I was wondering...is it true ( heard a rumour) that there is no cigarette lighter ( I use on

my streetglide for connecting my garmin to power)..

and is there no auxf fun socket...also what I use for sound for my garmin...

regards

sniper

Old 09-04-2013, 11:59 AM
DocO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The socket is there.. but no lighter in it, just a plastic plug.. at least on my Ultra Limited.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Tcain24
Intermediate

There is a cigarette lighter and a USB connector

Old 09-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Tcain24
Intermediate

Sorry no lighter but there is a socket

Old 09-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Ultra103
Club Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 541 Posts

No Aux input (at least on the touch screen radio) for your Garmin - sorry.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 PM
byucop
Advanced

Just returned from the 110th in Milwaukee and viewed all the new bikes. Really upset because HD has decided that only 9% of riders use the CB and they have decided to make it an accessory! Limited does not mean special any more. Not sure where the HD rep got the 9% figgure, but I have a problem with that logic. Seems like HD is not asking riders their thoughts. Just eliminats and make the purchaser BUY additional items to make the bike like their trade in. Not lookiing to buy a new bike NOW. Maybe HD will wake up and make the LIMITED a really LIMITED BIKE!

Old 09-04-2013, 01:05 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by byucop
Just returned from the 110th in Milwaukee and viewed all the new bikes. Really upset because HD has decided that only 9% of riders use the CB and they have decided to make it an accessory! Limited does not mean special any more. Not sure where the HD rep got the 9% figgure, but I have a problem with that logic. Seems like HD is not asking riders their thoughts. Just eliminats and make the purchaser BUY additional items to make the bike like their trade in. Not lookiing to buy a new bike NOW. Maybe HD will wake up and make the LIMITED a really LIMITED BIKE!
I don't know about that. I've never used my CB, and have no intentions of using it. I don't know of a single buddy that uses theirs either. I'm sure there are some that use it (like yourself), but I have not run across anyone that uses it. It's a choice, and I'm ok with it being an 'add-on'.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:05 PM
DocO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by byucop
My limited came with a CB.. I enjoyed the truckers telling me about speed traps on my way home last Saturday.... It wasn't listed on the sticker as an extra either.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:21 PM
jkane13
Tourer

I was curious about that too. No where does it say for sure one way or the other if they include the CB. I played with a tri-glide, since no limiteds were on the floor, and it said the CB module wasn't installed when I tried to access it from the infotainment screen.

I really hope they do include it. My limited is on order. They were sold out in 4 days. I waited a day too long to make a decision. I will be pissed if I have to buy a module to use the CB.

Our HOG Chapter uses CB's to talk on group rides. I seldom have anything to say, but I like to listen to the road captains and know what is going on around me. I did talk once when they were planning on stopping for a green light near where I live expecting it to change soon. I told them that light is a traffic triggered light and it wouldn't change unless there were cars coming from the other direction. The whole column made it through the light without the planned "stop and wait" they had. My having a CB came in handy that day!

Old 09-04-2013, 03:28 PM
jkane13
Tourer

Oh yeah, for the OP, the infotainment is supposed to be blue tooth capable. You might be able to link your garmin via bluetooth instead of hard wiring it if you have the 665. I can't remember if the 550 (or 450) had bluetooth. Although I had all 3 models over the years. But only recently started using bluetooth.

Then again, it has a GPS built in. It's not the 550 nor the 665 by any means. I have only looked at it briefly and read what others have said about it on this forum. You can look for the thread about the infotainment system if you want to know more. I hope to find a way to make the built in GPS work for me. I was gonna put my 665 on my wife's trike for her to use.

Quick Reply: 2014 touring bikes