Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 touring bikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 03:34 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,967 Likes on 1,767 Posts
Default No lighter no C.B.

Guys, Both are in the 14' Accessory Catalog. No longer stock item on the Ultra. I use the C.B. on trips, like to listen to the truckers and where the speed traps are..

Old 09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
DocO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMurf
Guys, Both are in the 14' Accessory Catalog. No longer stock item on the Ultra. I use the C.B. on trips, like to listen to the truckers and where the speed traps are..

Perhaps not the Ultra.. but my Ultra Limited most definitely came with it... Unless those were voices in my head I was talking to while on the interstate the other day... LOL

Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 PM
kens03
Cruiser

My 2014 has CB and I use it at times.
Ride safe my friend

Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Jim Butler
Advanced
Default CB don't use it

Had a CB on my 2005 and on my 2010 and I never used it. That's me, I had to listen to radios for 20 years in uncle sam's canoe club and that's enough. I have the fever for a new bike and I like the mods they've done but not paying over MSRP for anything. Going to ride the SGS and the Limited this weekend, probably won't help the fever any

Old 09-05-2013, 10:21 AM
jkane13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone posted links to the manual, so I read it.

It says the Bike-to-Bike (CB) - Prewired is:
Standard (FLHTCU, FLHTCUTG, FLHTK)

Those are the Ultra, TriGlide, and Limited.

It also says Bike-to-Bike (CB) is:
Standard (Where these models are at the top of the column. FLHTCU (CAL, 49, CAN) FLHXS (CAL, 49, CAN) FLHTK (CAL, 49, CAN) FLHTCUTG (CAL, 49, CAN))
P&A Upgrade (FLHXS Rider only)

For the CVO (FLHTKSE) it just says:
Standard

I assume CAL is California, 49 is the other US states, and CAN is Canada.

This still isn't clear! So what is the difference between "Prewired" and the entry without saying that? Why would both be standard? I would have thought that "prewired" means it's ready for it, but not installed.

Reading it closely, it basically says both the prewired and the not prewired (which I assume is because it is the actual CB not just the wires) is standard on the Limited, TriGlide, and CVO. It is NOT Prewired on the FLHXS (Street Glide Special) and is an upgrade option for that bike.

It kind of insinuates there is supposed to be a CB on all bikes except the Street Glide Special (FLHXS ).

For England, it is a bit less complicated. It says standard for the CVO on both rows. The "Prewired" line is blank for the rest (which is what I would expect to see if it is installed) while the line with just Bike-to-Bike says it is standard on the Limited and CVO. However, it is clearly marked as an upgrade on the Trike! Why is it not included on the trike in Europe?

The Steet Glide Special is not listed at all in Europe.

Now ... that makes me think thay my US dealer happened to have a Eurpoean Trike on the showroom floor that I played with!

Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 AM
byucop
Advanced

If the bike has only one antenna it does NOT have a CB. The HD guys at the 110th display told me that this is no longer a standard item. The CB module has to be ordered by the dealer or put in at the dealer. They only come with one antenna too, unless it is ordered from the factory. Look at some of the pictures and you will se only one antenna on some. As the HOG chapter director we require that the road captains have communication for all sponsored rides. I use mine on my 2010 FLHTK all the time when I travel with my buds. My dealer advised that 99% of his bikes WILL have the CB installed from the factory. Some feel it is important, I guess. I really feel that a LIMITED should be a value bike like it was advertised in 2010 when they came out.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 PM
byucop
Advanced

Originally Posted by DocO
Perhaps not the Ultra.. but my Ultra Limited most definitely came with it... Unless those were voices in my head I was talking to while on the interstate the other day... LOL
Two antennas, then your dealer put it on the order or added it. One antenna, and you did have voices in your head (LOL).

Old 09-05-2013, 12:19 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Taken from HD site audio setup for limited 6 CB presets, pictures shows the Limited with two antenna's and it's standard equipment.

AUDIO SETUP
CB Presets 6

Old 09-05-2013, 12:22 PM
John_HD
Tourer

I wish topics would have better titles. But yes there is a power port on the new 2014s.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:40 PM
harleydude-fla
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

For Clarification to the above posts: The Ultra does NOT come equipped with the CB Radio, The Limited DOES come with CB installed at the factory. If you want XM Satellite Radio, it is an Option and is installed by the dealer. The CVO comes with CB & XM Factory Installed as well as 3D Mapping in the GPS.

Quick Reply: 2014 touring bikes