Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop seat kits..FBI, Baggerwerx, Choppers Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 05:21 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Drop seat kits..FBI, Baggerwerx, Choppers Cycle

Anyone installed one? Likes? Dislikes? Any difference between the three?

Thinking about putting one on my '14 SG, but would like some more info before I drop that kind of money.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
notrailers
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been running the FBI Drop seat kit for 3 years. Great Fit and Finish. The only issue is the Danny Gray seat that come with the kit hurt my tailbone. Since I live by Corbin, I had a custom seat made.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by notrailers
Ive been running the FBI Drop seat kit for 3 years. Great Fit and Finish. The only issue is the Danny Gray seat that come with the kit hurt my tailbone. Since I live by Corbin, I had a custom seat made.
Hey, notrailers! Any chance you have any pics of the new seat? I've got a drop seat kit that I'm gonna install soon, and I already suspect the seat is not gonna get it. I like that it has the backrest option tho. I'm moving close to Corbin's Florida store so that is an option for me.
Jerry

Old 02-16-2020, 03:18 AM
WSDUKFAN
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop seat kits

Ok I have gone from riding a 2003 100th anniversary editions FXSTi softail standard, to a 2015 FLHX Street Glide and I am not as comfortable on it because I am not tall 5'8 3/4'' and my inseam is 28 inches. The problem is while the softail was 28.1 at the seat and the street glide is listed as 27.1, it is wider spreads me out I have barely stand flat footed with boots on and sometimes I like to where tennis shoes and don't want to feel the stress on my hips of the wider frame seat. I have a HD reach seat on it now but like I said not comfortable. I don't really want to change the suspension height of the bike or the ride, so I have been reading hear about the drop seat kits. Most of these post are several years old and from my checking only Fat Baggers seems to be in business still. Since its a lot of money $1700 for the complete kit not painted or installed, I want to make sure I will like it and will suit my needs before spending the money, so does anyone know a dealer close to me that has one on a bike, I live just outside Owensboro, KY. Also should I get the regular kit or the narrowed version since the width and or height is a problem and difference between the bikes. Has anyone on here seen a use kit for sale at a cheaper price? If I found one cheaper I might just go ahead and buy it without setting on one. Any input or help with my questions is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:58 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts

As you can see from my signature pic, I did end up getting the fbi drop seat kit. I actually bought it on eBay and the seats separately. I love it! However, I am 6’ and I just like how it is lower and pushes me back more. I have the standard not the narrow. For you, I would definitely get the narrow kit. I have 35” sleeves and I had to get handlebars made with more pullback so I can reach them. The narrow kits are more helpful for shorter people. I do like how the suspension is not changed, rides the same as before. I had the luxury of having FBI install my kit for me at Daytona during a bike week (I’m in FL). I’m pretty mechanical, but this was a bit much for me to do.
This kit will definitely help you get sure footed, but probably gonna be tough to find one to sit on beforehand. I’ll be at Bikeweek in March if you want to try mine! Good luck!