Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever bought these lowers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:10 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

yes sir. I had a set from something else I was doing which were stock and they looked and felt identical. no problems with those parts so far.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
yes sir. I had a set from something else I was doing which were stock and they looked and felt identical. no problems with those parts so far.
Cool. So the other parts absolutely needed replacing.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:41 PM
snip0721
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just picked up a pair of these lowers last week. vivid black which is a match for mine. I gotta say.....nice quality parts for the price. $105 & free shipping. I bought the studs for the caps, bottom clamp, and " springs" for the doors from my dealer......very hard to beat this deal for sure. im impressed....snip

Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Cool. So the other parts absolutely needed replacing.
I would, yes sir.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 AM
slburgie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did, painted them and bought the quick disconnects. They work great and no significant issues. I put rubber washers on the door hinges and they hold the positions nicely and are adjustable for air flow. No temp problems so far as the hottest (mountain climbing) has been 235 oil temp. with two up. Plan on keeping them on year around.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snip0721
I just picked up a pair of these lowers last week. vivid black which is a match for mine. I gotta say.....nice quality parts for the price. $105 & free shipping. I bought the studs for the caps, bottom clamp, and " springs" for the doors from my dealer......very hard to beat this deal for sure. im impressed....snip
Which buyer did you get them from for that price??? I was gonna get them ones from seller tmshelmet for $123 shipped. Seems like those are the ones everyone has the best luck with.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:48 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

UN: couple of questions please sir..
1. where is the link to see your pics of the install and the installation instructions?
2. what was your final assessment of having the speakers in the lowers? Did it help? Was it worth it?
3. what do you think about these lowers with speaker pods from ebay? or should I do like you and add the HD pods?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speaker-Pods...da9de7&vxp=mtr

thanks,
MH

Old 04-15-2014, 01:58 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SilverEagle50
UN: couple of questions please sir..
1. where is the link to see your pics of the install and the installation instructions?
rebuilding my computer at the moment.. I'll get them up later this evening.

2. what was your final assessment of having the speakers in the lowers? Did it help? Was it worth it?
with the right speakers, yes absolutely worth it.

3. what do you think about these lowers with speaker pods from ebay? or should I do like you and add the HD pods?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speaker-Pods...da9de7&vxp=mtr

don't know anything about them but matuza has been selling them for a long time on eBay. I've seen a few guys around town running various items from Matuza like tour paks, lowers, etc. and the quality seems to be there as well. My guess is a lot of these aftermarket parts are made in the same factory.

thanks,
MH
see red sir.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:18 PM
boney
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They also have them for Road Glide Custom, thanks guys believe I'll pull the trigger any thoughts.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 PM
snip0721
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matuza....didn't do the buy it now. watched for an auction and bought at opening price with free shipping. to good of a deal to pass on, I thought. I've been wanting vented lowers for a while. looked at piecing a set together and have a buddy do the paint, but this was cheaper, faster, and way less hassle......snip

Quick Reply: anyone ever bought these lowers?