Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever bought these lowers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

On the Street glide the clutch cable goes in front of the engine guard so that is not a problem on mine.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:13 PM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
Hardware came in today and I got my lowers installed, but I have a question. Did you guys have any problems with clutch cable rubbing against the left lower like this Everything else looks good. I'm gonna try to get a ride in tomorrow and see how they feel....
On my RK the cable looks exactly the same.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:19 PM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Matuza Lowers

I bought my Matuza Vivid Black lowers with the quick release hardware for $199 including shipping here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151143886058...84.m1439.l2649

For under $200 bucks (and no tax) didn't even waste any time getting the hardware elsewhere. Pretty easy to put together just a little like a crossword puzzle since no instructions included. Nice keeping the cold wind off the legs when it gets down into the 50's. All I need since I'll just use them for the winter here in AZ.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PHXBiker
On my RK the cable looks exactly the same.

Mine too. I've always wondered why they route the clutch cable on the inside of the crash bar on the RK when it is on the outside on other touring models.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

Managed to sneak out for a 30 miles spin to see how these performed. Kinda windy here so I couldn't really judge where the wind was coming from, seemed to feel a bit more on the chin/shoulder areas( insert jokes now!!) but I definetly could hear more noise from the engine

Old 12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
RED_5
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

sweet!

Old 12-13-2013, 10:00 PM
jayhawkclint
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hardware came in today and I got my lowers installed, but I have a question. Did you guys have any problems with clutch cable rubbing against the left lower like this Everything else looks good. I'm gonna try to get a ride in tomorrow and see how they feel....
Mine rubbed the same way on my RK, so I took the left control off and snaked it around the front of the engine guard. Just a couple torx screws on the control and the adel clamp on the fork.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jayhawkclint
Mine rubbed the same way on my RK, so I took the left control off and snaked it around the front of the engine guard. Just a couple torx screws on the control and the adel clamp on the fork.

Perfect!!! I was thinking of something along those lines....

Old 12-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member

Someone posted on this thread( or maybe on Garemlins) that they weren't real thrilled with the way the vents operated( me neither) so I tried something today and it seems to work better. I removed one of the perforated washers(upper washer with lowers on bike) and replaced it with a flat washer and snugged things back up. No more clickitty clack when opening or closing the vents, just a smooth glide...Just thought I'd share

Old 12-16-2013, 01:42 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Someone posted on this thread( or maybe on Garemlins) that they weren't real thrilled with the way the vents operated( me neither) so I tried something today and it seems to work better. I removed one of the perforated washers(upper washer with lowers on bike) and replaced it with a flat washer and snugged things back up. No more clickitty clack when opening or closing the vents, just a smooth glide...Just thought I'd share
great idea! thanks for sharing

being no grooved plastic for them to "lock" into, does the wind not move them?

Quick Reply: anyone ever bought these lowers?