Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Me and the wife are also Harley Posers and it works great. I do need to do something about my boots though. My socks get soaked.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:13 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an old set of harley raingear. It's at least 10 years old and except for the stirrups losing their elasticity, they're still going and I use them regularly. Whatever you get make sure it has a panel on the inside of the right leg to keep it from melting. Not too long ago we found brand new harley bibs for the OL on craigs list. Paid 30 bucks for 'em!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 AM
madmustang4
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the J&P one for around $90 and wife has the HD one, orange and black but not the hiviz one.

we both stay dry

Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 AM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Done more than my share of riding in the rain (and snow!) when I was younger, fortunately only a five-mile each way commute. My current choice of rain gear is an F-150.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:57 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,696 Likes on 1,369 Posts

I live in Washington, on the wet side and ride in the rain often, all winter when it is a raw 40F pouring rain.

Breathable rain gear will leak after long term riding. If your rain is once a day, even heavy for a couple of hours then a breathable is okay. Around here, everyone with breathable gear starts to soak through after 3-4 hours. Most get non-breathable gear before the next ride.

I have two sets. One a high vis black yellow waterproof set that fits over my leathers. It has worked very well for extended periods of time. It it compact enough to stay on the bike and is used when cruising, ie Going to the Sun, Sturgis, Beartooth, Lolo etc.

However, when Fall arrives and I commute and know I am in for a many day ride in the rain, I wear a textile gear set that has been absolutely dry and is warm to boot. My jacket is an older Tourmaster and the pants are First gear as they fit me better than the Tourmaster set. When riding in the rain the last thing I am concerned about is how I look to others or whether the labels inside the pants match the jacket.

Both have a pad to slow down the melting on the exhaust pipe. Mind you, hot exhaust pipes will melt a hole in the right leg eventually no matter what gear you own unless you armor yours with aluminum tape.

Our Northwet riding may not offer any solutions for a hot humid Texas thunderstorm.

Dry gloves and feet are critical to me as well. I carry nylon over gloves and boot covers, but in the winter I use a totally water proof glove and neoprene boots. Let is rain sucker, I am ready and the only things that stops me is ice or snow.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:22 PM
HarleyBT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nelson-Rigg rainsuit, Harley gators, face shield for my half helmet, hugger rain-resistant gloves/lined Harley rain gloves (depends on temp). Get me dry in all the gully washers I've ridden in. The key is to suit up BEFORE it starts to rain.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:37 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tucker99
Don't know how you guys ride in the rain. Hit 1-manhole cover in a turn and you're down.
Thats one reason why a majority of us motorcycle enthusiast's take extra precautions when riding in foul weather. My mommy will let me ride in the rain

Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 PM
kirbyblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

August/ September rain in south Texas. I wouldnt stop to put rain gear on if I had it. I onlu carry it in Oct-March

Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JD HD
Get the hi viz suit without the Harley Logo here for $60. Same manufacturer.

http://www.motorcyclecenter.com/p/Sh...t/1457985.html

I have heard good things about the HD Hi-Vis. Could anyone confirm that the above is exactly the same?

I also see Xelement has a similar one with heat resistance.

http://www.motorcyclecenter.com/p/Shop-Xelement-Rain-Gear/Xelement-Mens-2-Piece-Heat-Resistant-Black/Orange-Rainsuit/359632.html

Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 PM
mountain man
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

[quote=JD HD;11720025]Get the hi viz suit without the Harley Logo here for $60. Same manufacturer.

http://www.motorcyclecenter.com/p/Sh...t/1457985.html

Ordered one today,Hopefully will have it by next tuesday,coming from Los Angelas,CA

Quick Reply: Rain gear