Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
The Bike and nothing more
8.14%
Some crap given to me that I really didnt want
4.65%
Some t-shirts
45.35%
The Uniform (shirts, boots, watch, wallet, hat, and belt)
12.79%
Some non-motorcycle stuff (shot glasses, clocks)
12.79%
I have a shrine to the MOCO
6.98%
Big ticket stuff (pool table, pinball machine)
0%
My house looks like a dealership
2.33%
I only bought the bike to round out the collection
6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

How much Harley Kitsch to you own

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much Harley Kitsch to you own

ORIGINAL: Cowracer

ok, i'll bite...

Whats a Dip Dot?

Tim
It's a lil round metal decal that dealerships used to put on the top of dipsticks.
Has thier name and address on it. with the bar and shield.

Normally on a white background.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:44 AM
scarygt
Road Master

The wife and I each have a leather jacket, and several fall jackets. We both have several HD Leather boots. We both have somegood winter HD gloves.A set of matching spinner barbed wire rings (very cool.. I think). I really like the quality of the HDriding gear. Iusuallybuymostof my stuff off of ebay and save about 40% on most items. I have this realobnoxiousorange and black HD fall jacket with patches all over it... kind of looks like a Nascar jacket.I was kind of embarresed when I first got it, but after wearing it for a little while I'm starting to really like it... it seems to hypnotize most anyone whosees it! LOL I feel as long as you have the Harley you canwear the HD clothes if you want to!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:12 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I am not a fanatic. I never owned a tshirt with any writing on it at all. Don't believe in advertising for free.I bought my first Harley last month. I have been bitten. I got a jacket, chaps and boots, BC I needed them and I got most of it in the clearance section of my dealership (WillieG chaps for $90, leather riding jacket for $175, etc&gt I was in the dealer the other day and was drawn to the tshirts. I , unashamedly, bought 3 very nice black HD Ts. I didn't believe myself riding home, but wore one out to dinner last Saturday night. The looks and responses were weird. I have some nice clothes,for weekday wearand have to dress in suits several days a week to do my job. Compliments in a new suit or with a slick shirt/tie combo I am used to. I am not used to having my Ts complimented, but I could get used to this. I also bought my wife a HD lunch box/cooler for work and a dog toy that sounds like a vtwin when you shake it. The god goes nuts over this. I try to buy clearance and quality. I guess now that I have the ride, I can have the gear, right?

Old 03-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Blue eyes 56
Intermediate

Boots and a few t-shirts. Couple of small Harley decals on my snowmobile helmet and the 2 bikes.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lemme see, since I had to spend $250 each of the last three years at Christmas to get the tank ornament sets I've managed to accumulate agoodly amount of "my HD stuff"... (George Carlin would refer to it as "your HD sh$t")

Purchased:

Floor mats for my Jeep (just had to have 'em), license plate for same Jeep, shot glasses, pilsner glasses, 1/9 scale die-cast Ultra, dog leash, dog squeeze toy, about 20 long sleeve t-shirts (only one or 2 are black), 3 pairs of gloves - fingerless, lite-weight, and good heavy winter gloves, 100th Anniversary leather vest, 1 pair of HD jeans (on the road, I needed a pair dammit), one black HD long sleeve button down shirt (ditto on the need), calendars for the last 7 or 8 years (but I bought me one of those Girls of MU calendars this year... fooled them heh heh heh). 2 HD half helments (gee, new bike, new helmet... hmmm)

Gifts:
FXRG jacket (wife), thermos set (brother), beer mugs (daughter), clock (with sound - son), cribbage board (son), 100 Years of HD book (the Willie G one - sister), another HD book (friend), and countless other oddities - Hog Log (never been used, but it was a gift, maybe I'll regift it one of these years).

If there wasn't a market for all the non-bike items, there wouldn't be shelves and shelves and racks and racks of all that "crap" between me and the parts and service department!!!

Did I mention the 3 sets of tank ornaments?

Yeah, I got an MoCo Shrine in the making...

Shoot, almost forgot the HD candles I got for Christmas this year... dunno what to do with those, but I got 'em on display at the moment.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:04 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The weirdest thing I have seen with the HD logo was just the other day. HD Beef Jerky! WTF!!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:38 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

After loving Harleys since the 60's and married to a Harley women since the 60's, Yikes!you can bet that we have plenty of HD stuff around.Very tastefully done I might add.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
HogBack
Road Master

I have my old Harley jacket, which I wear all the time. The closet I have one old leather Harley leather covered helmet, one old Harley cap, all about about 10 years old, two t-shirts from New Zealand that have never worn, two HD pins from New Zealand that are in my drawer.....

Day to day, my Harley leather jacket is about all that gets worn that says HD, as I do not care for the walking HD billboard look, and I really prefer to make my own taste for motorcycle fashion....

Hogback

Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been saving up for a T-shirt.
Tom