Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zero Buffeting On My 2014 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 01:22 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zero Buffeting On My 2014 Limited

Rode a couple of hundred miles yesterday and I LOVE my new bike (until it dumped all its coolant see other thread). One of the things I like the most is that there is No More Buffeting! Its all about the front fairing vent. While riding along at 70 I can close the vent and my helmet starts to shake around until I open the vent back up and everything goes calm. And Im not a short guy I'm 6'1" and I wear a 2XL Full Face Helmet so my head is sticking up pretty far.

The stock limited shield is 2 inches shorter than the one I had on my 09 SG and it doesnt have the flip up like my old shield did. The limited has the fairing deflectors like my SG but it doesnt have the fork baffle I added to my old bike.

Its all about the fairing vent.

I love the new vent built into the fairing!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 PM
baldridge
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got home from a 200 mile ride on my 14 limited. I noticed the same thing. Had a aftermarket Fairing on my RK so used to having a fairing. Anyway great design! No buffeting! BTW, it took my dealer a week to get my bike to me kept saying they were getting an light coming on and replaced the thermostat, sensor, and a hose clamp. They were pretty vague about the whole thing, but I wonder if it was a leak... I almost cancelled the deal. So far no issues.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

That vent may handle the air coming over the shield but what's it doing for the updraft coming from the bottom of the tank area, I would say nothing....I assume with the vent and some fork mounted wind deflectors, you should be set.....

My 7 1/2 shield with wings, fairing mounted wind defectors and fork mounted wind deflectors eliminate probably close to 100% of my buffeting. Of course they probably cut some MPG for me but the comfort is worth it.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:01 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jasnusc

My god eveybody is making such a big deal about how terribly ugly this vent is and am like WTF?? It serves a purpose...its all about rider comfort it works so get over it

Old 09-02-2013, 02:05 PM
mazz
Road Master
Received 194 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by jasnusc
Rode a couple of hundred miles yesterday and I LOVE my new bike (until it dumped all its coolant see other thread). One of the things I like the most is that there is No More Buffeting! Its all about the front fairing vent. While riding along at 70 I can close the vent and my helmet starts to shake around until I open the vent back up and everything goes calm. And Im not a short guy I'm 6'1" and I wear a 2XL Full Face Helmet so my head is sticking up pretty far.

The stock limited shield is 2 inches shorter than the one I had on my 09 SG and it doesnt have the flip up like my old shield did. The limited has the fairing deflectors like my SG but it doesnt have the fork baffle I added to my old bike.

I am fortunate no buffeting on my 2012 2008 2004 etc I must just the right height

Old 09-02-2013, 02:19 PM
euchre98
Road Master
Received 233 Likes on 161 Posts

I work with a guy thats all into that buffet thing. Plays the music all day long.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by euchre98
I work with a guy thats all into that buffet thing. Plays the music all day long.
Does he have a stuffed parrot sitting on his shoulder too???

Old 09-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,734 Likes on 19,290 Posts
Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 PM
DocO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did 1100 miles in 2 days on my 2014 Limited. Rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from marker 0 to the end and then back home via interstate. There is no buffeting at all for me. I came from a 2010 street glide with a slightly taller than stock shield, the side wings and a fork baffle, and this was a night and day difference. I've only got one gripe about it. I seem to have a slight exhaust leak at the front head. I can hear the sound when I get on the throttle. I've got it in for the 1000 mile service and they're going to take a look. I'm probably going to replace the pipes soon anyway, but might as well make then make it right..

Old 09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,829 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by DocO
I just did 1100 miles in 2 days on my 2014 Limited. Rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from marker 0 to the end and then back home via interstate. There is no buffeting at all for me. I came from a 2010 street glide with a slightly taller than stock shield, the side wings and a fork baffle, and this was a night and day difference. I've only got one gripe about it. I seem to have a slight exhaust leak at the front head. I can hear the sound when I get on the throttle. I've got it in for the 1000 mile service and they're going to take a look. I'm probably going to replace the pipes soon anyway, but might as well make then make it right..
You sure it's not the intake you're hearing? Pretty common.

lp

Quick Reply: Zero Buffeting On My 2014 Limited