Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need to know about riding 2 up

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 AM
1workinman
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two up riding

I bought a 07 road king because my wife likes to ride motorcycles and would only go for a Harley Davidson. I had not ridden a street bike in a long time. I use to ride a dirt bike RM 400 . Big difference . I never had a license so I took the rider safety course and started riding , along with my wife . I am carefully and believe every car and truck has a bull-eye on us. I will take the advanced course when its available. We have never had a problem or went down. We have driven about 5 k miles so far this year. I have watched a lot of the u tube rides on riding. I hear guys tell me they never took a rider safety course just starting riding and got a license . Of course a few crashed and finally stopped ridding because they could not stand one more head injury . I use the training from the course. We use the gear to help stay safe , leathers, helmet eye protection gloves etc. In hot weather mesh jackets with armor . I am going to buy a couple of pants with the armor Kevlar in them for my wife and I each. I have gotten better but in beginning it was a test of nerves going two up from the start. I had some learning experiences along the way. My wife always tell me when she gets on or off. She gets off when I am in a tight spot in a parking lot. I believe I can turn the bike now with out her doing that but in the beginning that was a deal . If you ride with another bike make sure you know what to expect from them, or there mistakes can cause you to go down. Good luck Jim

Old 09-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,826 Likes on 19,323 Posts

Get on ... Sit down ... Shut up .... Hang on ... Well, that's what I tell the kids on the bus !

Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 PM
V-Man
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rivermusic
I really saw the wisdom in finding an experienced biker chick to practice with, but then my wife reminded me how sore my back gets when I sleep on the couch.
LOL You clearly have this in the bag already!

Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Assegai
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Women generally form their opinions based on observation of u performing potentially non life threatening operations IMO. Asking them to ride beotch after years of witnessing reckless behaviour in other endeavours raises a degree of doubt in fair maiden.