Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart True Dual Quiet Baffles - How Quiet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 AM
jjr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 103 FLHTK w/ 100-0100 Extreme Tru Duals and SERT. Dont waste your money on the quiet baffle as they do nothing to quiet the muffs, same goes as wrapping the baffle you will get little to nothing in noise reduction. It will not hurt performance as these are straight through baffles, it they were the reverse type wrapping them with fiberglass would help.

Bottom line these are way to freaking loud, there fun around town if you want to raise some hell but if your touring there a royal PITA. Have been searching for a quieter after market baffle w/ no good results. Calls to Rinehart offer zero help as now they say they no longer even offer a quiet baffle as the one they did not quiet it.

I should of known better but the exhaust system was already on the bike when I bought it, I tought I could live with it as I had the same set up on my 03 SERK and that was also way too freaking loud.

Originally Posted by Dalton
Well, lets just say I am a coward when it comes to trying the untested. With the new engine build,I will not be trying the fiberglass, unless this beast is really loud due to the engine mods, and then just may have to go with what i have been avoiding for years, a two into one .
(Did "pack my own" back in the late 60' and early 70's for my street cars and it seemed to work OK)

Let me know if you give it a try.....