Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On The Move Technology Ipod interface

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 PM
kenbo800
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On The Move Technology Ipod interface

Have the Ipod interface HDPDPLUSII by On The Move Technology installed on my 2012 FLHTK. It worked perfectly for about 6 months and now it is having issues. The HD stereo controls (handle bar or soft keys on stereo) no longer control any of the Ipod. The only way the Ipod plays is if I use the controls on the Ipod itself to start playing, stop, or change songs. When the bike is turned off, it no longer stops the Ipod from playing either. The interface will still charge the Ipod and I can control the volume thru the stereo. I have tried different Ipod and the same results. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power from the interface, have checked all the connections and everything appears to connected properly. Has anyone experienced this or have any good suggestions. Have tried to contact OTMT but can't seem to get a response.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM
HogAir
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You may have unlocked your system by pushing on the buttons on the radio. If you can control the IPod I believe this is what is happening. My IPod shows operating remotely when in normal use. Check the attached image and make sure the locked button is lit up.

Attached Thumbnails On The Move Technology Ipod interface-screen-shot-2013-08-29-at-8.23.49-pm.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Have you contacted Tony @ Iron Cross? Since they sell the device he might be able to give you some pointers...

Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 PM
kenbo800
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Have you contacted Tony @ Iron Cross? Since they sell the device he might be able to give you some pointers...
I haven't tried Tony. I didn't buy it from him. Does Iron Cross service these?

HogAir,
It is locked. I have tried almost every combination I could think of. The stereo also no longer shows the name of the songs. I attached a pic of the stereo

Attached Thumbnails On The Move Technology Ipod interface-image.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 09:47 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the system at all, but I have tried all kinds of devices with all kinds of iPods etc. My starting point with these types of issues is always the connection interface between iPod and device. You have tried it with another iPod which eliminates 50% of the possibilities.

I would try spraying contact cleaner on the cable connection pins

Old 08-29-2013, 09:58 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbo800
Have the Ipod interface HDPDPLUSII by On The Move Technology installed on my 2012 FLHTK. It worked perfectly for about 6 months and now it is having issues. The HD stereo controls (handle bar or soft keys on stereo) no longer control any of the Ipod. The only way the Ipod plays is if I use the controls on the Ipod itself to start playing, stop, or change songs. When the bike is turned off, it no longer stops the Ipod from playing either. The interface will still charge the Ipod and I can control the volume thru the stereo. I have tried different Ipod and the same results. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power from the interface, have checked all the connections and everything appears to connected properly. Has anyone experienced this or have any good suggestions. Have tried to contact OTMT but can't seem to get a response.
The cable is the problem. I had the exact same syptoms as you. I PM'd Iron Cross on here, they told me to call them. I called the next day, they shipped me a new cable free of charge. Everything works fine once again. I would have never believed it was the cable!

Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by kenbo800
I haven't tried Tony. I didn't buy it from him. Does Iron Cross service these?

HogAir,
It is locked. I have tried almost every combination I could think of. The stereo also no longer shows the name of the songs. I attached a pic of the stereo
may not have bought it from them but Tony will still talk to you about it. I'm sure he won't spend 2 hours troubleshooting for you but he will tell you what their experiences have been and as pointed out above, the cables are known to have issues. Might simply need to either purchase a new cable from Tony or get a replacement from whomever you initially purchased from.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 PM
kenbo800
Advanced

Contacted Tony at Iron Cross. Awesome place, they are working a fix with me. Man wish I would have bought thru them to begin with!

Old 08-30-2013, 04:47 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

yeah great people..

Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM
kenbo800
Advanced

Originally Posted by horseplay
The cable is the problem. I had the exact same syptoms as you. I PM'd Iron Cross on here, they told me to call them. I called the next day, they shipped me a new cable free of charge. Everything works fine once again. I would have never believed it was the cable!
Horseplay, thanks for the advise. Got a new cable from Iron Cross and one again it works as advertised. By the way Iron Cross is definitely the place to go thru. Very very helpful even tho I didn't buy the interface from him.

Quick Reply: On The Move Technology Ipod interface