Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Perfect Cell Phone Holder!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groupw
..... are those real ?
Really nice.....

Old 09-04-2013, 06:26 PM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use one of these holders for my cell phone when I'm riding!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,831 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I wouldn't use it to answer my phone or text like a dumbsh!t but I would use it for GPS - on my phone...

Interesting design. I wonder if it ends up breaking the radio faceplate eventually?

lp

Old 09-04-2013, 07:04 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by saxfiend
I'm glad you like your phone mount, but it's not for me. The way it blocks the gauges is an instant deal-killer.

I'm really kind of surprised that more people don't go with the Harley magnetic tank-mount pouch for their phone. I use this and it's simplicity itself -- no screwing around with mounting brackets and stuff, just plug the phone into the radio, zip it up in the pouch and go.

JL
I had the Harley magnetic tank mount and you are right, very simple and secure. However, I found that my phone shuts down after being exposed under the Sun for several minutes due to heat build up, and I can't use it for Navigation.

DC
09 Ultra

Old 09-04-2013, 07:54 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by milleda31
I use one of these....
How bout a link

Old 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 607 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by hdbob2006
I CARE. I drive a truck,and every day I see at least a couple jerkoffs[male and female jerkoffs] trying to cause an accident with their damb cell phones. Put the fuggin' phone away.
That's awesome that you drive a truck, stay safe. I don't think I have heard anyone ask which is the best mount for talking and texting. You may not know this (at least by your response anyway) but many riders use their cell phone for more than just talking and texting. Some use theirs for tunes, some as a video camera, and believe it or not they have an ap that has gauges on it like MPH, Compass, and time. Some people may just like to have their visible so they can pull over and quickly answer an important call if need be. You should get off your high horse for a moment and think a little bit about the conversation.

Just my dos centavos.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by milleda31
I use one of these....
. Wholly chit Batman, I think I've found the Joker! :icon_lol sign:

Old 09-04-2013, 08:55 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
That's awesome that you drive a truck, stay safe. I don't think I have heard anyone ask which is the best mount for talking and texting. You may not know this (at least by your response anyway) but many riders use their cell phone for more than just talking and texting. Some use theirs for tunes, some as a video camera, and believe it or not they have an ap that has gauges on it like MPH, Compass, and time. Some people may just like to have their visible so they can pull over and quickly answer an important call if need be. You should get off your high horse for a moment and think a little bit about the conversation.

Just my dos centavos.
Obviously you never got rear ended by some jackass playing with one of his toys while driving. It's not fun!

Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 PM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 607 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by FDHOG
Obviously you never got rear ended by some jackass playing with one of his toys while driving. It's not fun!

Do you know if I have or not? Or are you just talking out of your 5th point of contact? Not one person on here is saying anything about driving unsafe or advocating such. Only about a place to keep a cell phone while riding down the road.

From what I've seen in my years of riding motorcycles is that for the most part riders are much safer on the road and to assume (and if you are prior service you know what that means) that this thread is being posted by people who are promoting an unsafe riding environment is ignorant and offensive.

If you see someone making statements promoting dangerous riding then respond appropriately, I haven't seen any evidence of such. Discussing cell phone mounts, in itself, is not unsafe riding.

Otherwise you're just being a blowhard.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:37 PM
saxfiend
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
I had the Harley magnetic tank mount and you are right, very simple and secure. However, I found that my phone shuts down after being exposed under the Sun for several minutes due to heat build up, and I can't use it for Navigation.
Wow, that's not good. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it hasn't happened to me so far.

JL

Quick Reply: The Perfect Cell Phone Holder!