Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone put LED accent lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013 | 10:43 PM
katanaplanet
|
Banned
Default Anyone put LED accent lighting?

Thinking of putting them on my 2006 Road King. Basically engine, front and rear wheel fenders. Any recommendation as to how many I need and a place to buy.

Old 08-27-2013 | 10:57 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Do some searches.... Lot of info on here. I put about 12-14 pods on mine.... Glow worx I think.

Old 08-27-2013 | 11:05 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

After driving through the Western US last summer with lots of night driving, I decided that lighting was the priority for winter mods. I added the LED headlight (much improved visibility for me) with the Trim Rings, BAL tail light for greater visibility from behind, and the LED accent lights (8 strips of lights) primarily in the engine area for improved visibility from the side. I noticed a big difference this year as I did extensive evening driving in California, Utah, & Colorado. The overall visibility of the bike (and the LED accent lights made a big difference) was significantly improved. I used the LED Glow lights with the remote and a couple different settings (flashing, various intensities, etc). SJ Ron

Old 08-28-2013 | 01:03 AM
rsarno
Road Master

Most of the guys i know think they are goofy. Personally, I am adding it to my wishlist towards the end of my mods. Seat, Pipes, few others ... then blue LED's to accent my Blue/Black 2tone combo on the new RK

Cant wait. Screw everyone haha

Old 08-28-2013 | 08:41 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Not a fan myself. If anything at most I might put some on the underside for a little bit of road glow. But don't think I would even do that. Just kinda played out. But to each their own.

Old 08-28-2013 | 08:49 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

They are not for everyone.... I ride at night sometimes, especially now that the fall semester has started back up. I do EVERYTHING I can too be seen. Daymaker headlight, LED signals and tail light, and accent lighting at night. So I think it is awesome for visibility to others alone - but I do like the way they look too :-)

Old 08-28-2013 | 09:34 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

I suggest that you check the laws of your state before you invest in them. In Virginia it is not legal to have them on when the bike is being operated. You can only have them on when the bike is parked. Makes it easier to find your bike in the lot if that's why you want them.

In other states, as I understand it, it may be legal to ride with them on, but most that have posted here have said the blue lights are not legal (I guess because they look like police lights).

I personally never see bikes with them around here. Their popularity may be regional. (On the other hand, I don't hang out at bike nights, so maybe that's where they are.)

Old 08-28-2013 | 04:37 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser
Default Magic Wizards Custom Dynamics

I've got 13 pods. I even put singles over each dial on my fairing to light up the top of the bike. Looks GREAT great warranty. easy to install support is great at CD.

Old 08-28-2013 | 05:43 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

Go to Joe Florida LED Lighting and check out his kits.A 144 multi color LED strip kit would be just the ticket for what you want to do at a low price.

Old 08-28-2013 | 07:42 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp

Ive done a number of bikes. mine and several friends with Boogey Lights and after checking out Custom Dynamics, I really like theirs better and just did a friends Heritage with them. They are both warrantied for life but the CD ones are totally enclosed with plastic where the Boogeys aren't and Ive had several problems with the wires on the leds corroding off.

Quick Reply: Anyone put LED accent lighting?