Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone put LED accent lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013 | 08:34 PM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain

I just did mine myself a month or so back. I went to Wally World and bought the lights. 4 long strips and 4 short strips.

I put them on myself in a few hours. I wired them to a toggle switch that I hid up under one of the seat heat shields.

If you do it yourself, make sure you REALLY clean the areas where you are going to put them. Then make sure you really get them stuck on good.

I used a piece of electrical tape to stick them on where I thought I wanted them, turned out the lights and lit them up... just to be sure I had them where I liked them before they became permanent.

Total cost for me was about $70 and that included buying some wire connectors.

The guys I ride with said they look good. I like them. They're red and I've ridden with them on at night a couple times with no issues. I've read that as long as they are not blinking while the bike is moving, you're OK... at least in Pa..

Old 08-29-2013 | 03:43 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Just put some on mine last weekend. I done kinda the same thing Mikekoz did except I bought mine from Autozone. They are water proof and come with the good 3M double sided tape and are very easy to install. Got her lot up like a Christmas tree for bout $75. And it looks just as good as any professional job I've ever seen. Saw some really tricked out high dollar bikes at a Bike Expo once with these same lights on their bikes. If its good enough for them it's good enough for me.