Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are we getting robbed for a 2014.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 PM
kirbyblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt trade my06 for a new one. I'll never buy new

Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
Yup and you can do the same to a 14.....

So if not all that much changed from my 10 to the 14 then there really are no "bugs" to be worked out...

I like the 14 and am trading my 10 for a 14 street glide.

I fail to see what all the fuss is at the end of the day its our own individual choice. Must be some sort of feelings that bring out the negative comments towards the 14 and the people who are going to get them.

With all the ill feelings towards Harleys in general I wonder why people even ride them and spend so much cash on them?
No ill feelings here, my first statement was I like most of the updates. If you have a 10 now and your ready for a new one, good for you I would be happy to check it out an shot the **** with you at your local pub. Mainly the point I wanted to make was the bikes aren't all that different than before! Cooling is the biggest change in my book and its only on a few models. My earlier comment was specific to a street glide comparison. I for one would not hesitate to buy a 14 but since I feel like they only put lipstick on a pig I'm not going to run out to buy one. I feel it's the same bike with some updates. No different than what we all do in our garages every day!

Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by buggin02
To answer your question, the stealership will rob you if you let them. $12.5 is a ripoff for your bike. One of my coworkers tried to trade his '11 Limited 8kmiles and a ton of add ons. They would only offer him $16k for it. He didn't trade either.

Wait til February when the hype dies down and sales are slow. Deals will be better then. Not good but better.
I got lucky and got 21.5k for my 2012 Limited with 8k miles.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is good for a trade.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:39 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ridedaddy
I for one would not hesitate to buy a 14 but since I feel like they only put lipstick on a pig I'm not going to run out to buy one.
"Lipstick on a pig?????????" You really meant to say "lipstick on a.........................................wait for it........................ .....HOG" didn't you???

Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 AM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I see alot of posts people complaining about the dealer giving them 12 and selling 15, yes that is what they do. They have to make a profit to keep their doors open, always have, always will its a business. What you have to decide is that 3 grand or so worth you dealing with people coming to your house, wanting to test ride, kicking tires etc, or would you rather pay that "dealer Fee" to just be done with it.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:15 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Should've bought a Road Glide, their value has gone UP, since there is not one in the current model year line up!

Old 08-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ridedaddy
No ill feelings here, my first statement was I like most of the updates. If you have a 10 now and your ready for a new one, good for you I would be happy to check it out an shot the **** with you at your local pub. Mainly the point I wanted to make was the bikes aren't all that different than before! Cooling is the biggest change in my book and its only on a few models. My earlier comment was specific to a street glide comparison. I for one would not hesitate to buy a 14 but since I feel like they only put lipstick on a pig I'm not going to run out to buy one. I feel it's the same bike with some updates. No different than what we all do in our garages every day!
Cheers heres a beer..

Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 AM
buggin02
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Should've bought a Road Glide, their value has gone UP, since there is not one in the current model year line up!
Yeah but that's like having sex with an ugly girl. It's fun until your friends find out.

Let the flames begin!!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:56 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

....... anyone who thinks friends will laugh if they see ya on a Road Glide, must not have any real friends.

Quick Reply: Are we getting robbed for a 2014.....