Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on Truck Lite Phase 7

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default question on Truck Lite Phase 7

On pitch dark back roads, the new head light is perfect.

But I've noticed that on regular streets, where there are street lights, I don't really see any improvement, even with the high been on. I'm wondering if (1) Do I have the light set properly or (2) Is this normal with an LED light?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 PM
bosshog919
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normal..

Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 PM
willknotsign
Advanced

Try adjusting it. Mine was much too high the way the factory light was adjusted. After lowering it about 3 full turns it is much better.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:10 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I say normal also.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 AM
USMCScoutSwimmer
Advanced

I think they make a difference all around

Old 08-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Dark roads is where LED headlights really shine (pun intended). I don't see a huge difference around town in lighted areas. And I have had the Phase 6, Phase 7 and Road Glide Daymaker.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 AM
OxJaw
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mines the same way as well. It's a different type of light than traditional bulbs, just takes a bit to get used to it.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Im not sold on the TL7 as of yet, I bought them when they first came out down in Daytona during bike week. They (head and passing) have been great for normal rides however during my recent weekend ride I found myself questioning this light, maybe its too high but im suspect that that's not the case as it spreads light on a single plane.

Long story short, this past Friday I was on 441 coming into Gatlinburg Tn at dark. For those of you who know the road I need not say more, for those that do not, its a twisty dark mountain road. The light worked great on the straights, once in the tight curves the light didn't seem to shine past 30-40' in front of the bike making every turn blind. When the bike is off plane (in a curve leaning) the plane of the light goes from across the front of the bike -- to / .
That puts half your beam in the air, and the other half to the ground directly in front of you. These lights were obviously made for a vehicle that does not lean.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
Im not sold on the TL7 as of yet, I bought them when they first came out down in Daytona during bike week. They (head and passing) have been great for normal rides however during my recent weekend ride I found myself questioning this light, maybe its too high but im suspect that that's not the case as it spreads light on a single plane.

Long story short, this past Friday I was on 441 coming into Gatlinburg Tn at dark. For those of you who know the road I need not say more, for those that do not, its a twisty dark mountain road. The light worked great on the straights, once in the tight curves the light didn't seem to shine past 30-40' in front of the bike making every turn blind. When the bike is off plane (in a curve leaning) the plane of the light goes from across the front of the bike -- to / .
That puts half your beam in the air, and the other half to the ground directly in front of you. These lights were obviously made for a vehicle that does not lean.

That is the one disadvantage of LED lighting. They are directional. Not flooding. Just gotta get use to compensate for it in the twisties. I ride more straight roads in the dark than anything so the trade off of seeing way ahead and to the sides is worth it.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I absolutely love mine. Just got em installed this weekend so not many miles logged since installation. Still need to play with the adjustment a little to get em just right. My headlight is a little to low and the driving lights are too high and made it a little difficult to see in the fog this morning. You can really tell just how white the light is in the fog for sure.

Once out on the open hwy I could tell a huge difference in the way they lit up the road compared to stock. Vast improvement!!!