Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes or J&M Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Savdog01
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hogtunes or J&M Speakers?

I have an 06 Street Glide. It is the new radio with high output. Did HD change the speakers in 06 when they changed the radio? I have always been into amps and speakers and I don't find much problems with the stock speakers either. Now I also know that I haven't heard the Hogtunes either so I am not dissappointed with what I have now. I know a lot of you have changed your speakers but I am asking only the people with the 06 & 07 models..Did you hear a big difference when you changed your speakers (only speakers, not another amp or anything else)?

Thanks,
Savdog01

Old 03-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, buying my Road Glide today, and I'll be ordering these speakers before long. Perfect timing

Old 03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your roadie's stock should be OK for a while, would I be correct in assuming your buying it from Tommy Z? Lil' Dave will give you good service. Welcome to the forum, you'll get some good ideas here.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rlanggard

I think your's are 4 ohm. Hawg Wired's component speakersare probably the best you will find, but they have cheaper models too.Check them out at: http://hawg-wired.com/index.php?hwID...76705a6076ed82
I have used J&M's for years and been very happy.

Recently I decided I really needed more, AMP, etc... I went with the Hawg-Wired setup.

Dude..... It's like a PIMPmobile on 2-wheels! This thing f'ing ROCKs!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the J&M and very happy with them. my factory spkers were 4 yrs old and distorting. got the J&M and let the tunes blast!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

ORIGINAL: snoopy
Am i missing something? What is wrong with the factory speakers. Mine sound great an are super loud.To many other things to buy.
The factory speakers distort at high volumes. It may not be obvious to someone who does not know the difference.Eventually that distortion will destroy the speaker or even the radio. When I swapped mine out, I set them on my car hood and compared them to the J&Ms. The stock speakers have only got a small ceramic piece where the J&M has a 4-5" magnet. It looks like the magnet of the Hawgwired units is even larger. Quality shows.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
sambo42xa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

05 FLHTCI here, and the stock speakers blew after 1 year of LOUD Rock N Roll! I checked here on this forum to get suggestions and with all the feedback of different speakers, HOGTUNES came out on top. Engineered in Canada but made in China??? Go figure.
Anyway, I purchased a pair for the $99.99 and they are still sitting in the box they came in. Waiting for spring time (cold in my basement) to do the install. I know I will not be disappointed.
sambo42xa
Southern, NH

1988 883
2005 FLHTCI
1973 SS350 Sprint (under construction)
1942 XA (under construction)

Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOGTUNES!!! I got a set and I do not have the AMP and mine sounds 100% better then the stock speakers. no matter the volume setting it is real clear and the wife is happy now, she states she can now hear it on the highway when befor she could not hear when it was at full volume.

and Pez will take care of you befor and after the sale. just go back and read all the posts.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:29 AM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

I had J & M speakers for about 6 months... All I got was more "noise" in distorted fashion... Unfortunately, once installed they are non-returnable...

So on one of the next rides I did, I found a guy's bike that had HogTunes on it... I ordered mine the next day. I installed them when they arrived (within a week -- thanks, Pez) and have enjoyed them for the last year and a half!!!! I put the J & M speakers on sale on this website, other sites, and talked them around with many riders I ride with... They ended up in the garbage.

Any other questions???

Old 03-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Go with the Hogtunes. Big improvement over stock!

Quick Reply: Hogtunes or J&M Speakers?