Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Blue Pearl Street Glide opinions???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:38 PM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Daytona Blue Pearl Street Glide opinions???

Hey guys all my bikes have been black and I'm wondering what the new Daytona Blue Pearl looks like in person?
I have viewed the pics posted by OP and think it looks very smart.
So not sure whether to stick with black, or BBP, DBP or maybe Charcoal Pearl?
Living in the Land Down Under we wont be seeing these for a while so thought I would see what you guys thought?

Cheers

Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Daytona paint job is gorgeous. The pearl in the sunlight is what seals the deal. Best paint job for a SG yet.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 PM
rastas
Tourer

Thats what I like to hear. I'm worried it might look too girly?

Old 08-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Da '04 RKC Kid
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's lighter blue in person that I thought it would be. And significantly lighter than BBP. All that being said, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and all my bikes have been black too. IMHO, what sets off the Daytona blue is the right amount of black and ghost charcoal in it. Well done Harley. By far my favorite 14 color

Old 08-24-2013, 07:23 PM
RebelBugler
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rastas
Hey guys all my bikes have been black and I'm wondering what the new Daytona Blue Pearl looks like in person?
I have viewed the pics posted by OP and think it looks very smart.
So not sure whether to stick with black, or BBP, DBP or maybe Charcoal Pearl?
Living in the Land Down Under we wont be seeing these for a while so thought I would see what you guys thought?

Cheers
Just saw that exact bike today and everyone loved the color. Only criticism is that you can't get that color on the Street Gide Special which is the upgraded model with ABS, Security System and the Infotainment system

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...lide.html#!pnw

Old 11-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Big minnow
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I did was buy the 14 in Daytona blue pearl and before I took delivery I had the 6.5 infotainment system put in and I also had them paint the inner fairing gloss black(which looks amazing). My Glide came with The integrated ABS, and security already. I did all of that and it was still cheaper than getting an SGS with Daytona blue. And same as you I always rode denim black. I actually went to go buy then demon black and I couldn't take my eyes off of the blue. In the sun is where it really pops

Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm not a fan of the color....

It reminds me of my Dad's '73 Pontiac that the paint disappeared from the trunk and hood and rusted.

But that's just me. If everone was super intelligent and liked the same thing, everyone would buy an Amber Whiskey/Vivid Black Ultra Limited.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:26 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 AM
rastas
Tourer

Originally Posted by Big minnow
What I did was buy the 14 in Daytona blue pearl and before I took delivery I had the 6.5 infotainment system put in and I also had them paint the inner fairing gloss black(which looks amazing). My Glide came with The integrated ABS, and security already. I did all of that and it was still cheaper than getting an SGS with Daytona blue. And same as you I always rode denim black. I actually went to go buy then demon black and I couldn't take my eyes off of the blue. In the sun is where it really pops
Awesome!!! I bet it looks killer. We pay a crap load more for Harley's down under, so I have got a Fuel Moto stage 1 on the work bench, PVision, 4 point docking, passenger back rest smoked indicator lenses. That should keep me happy for a while. Tax cheque next year I will get the Boom amp and speakers to enhance my 4.3. HDI models get everything a domestic SGS gets except for 6.5 infotainment and painted inner fairing. Anyway I kept my order as daytona blue and should be seeing it mid to late December. Not bad since I put deposit down late August...NOT!
Ps. Post up a pic or 2 if you don't mind? Cheers

Old 11-10-2013, 01:13 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

One word.....gorgeous!

Quick Reply: Daytona Blue Pearl Street Glide opinions???