Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:22 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Awesome news. And it looks like Dynojet gets 40 bucks shipped as well.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:33 AM
LEO40
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok first time post here it goes, I have a 2013 road king cvo anniversary edition. All I've done to it is replace the stock header with a 2009 header and put Vance and Hines slip ons, now I'd like to put on a power commander V. Is there any reason I have to dyno?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Beedub109r
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the tune

The PC V is self adjusting so the tune may not be necessary. I had the PC III which requires a map and adjustment and a final tune using the dyno. Unless you are having issues with the V making your bike run poorly, the dyno would just be for piece of mind or bragging rights.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:11 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LEO40
Ok first time post here it goes, I have a 2013 road king cvo anniversary edition. All I've done to it is replace the stock header with a 2009 header and put Vance and Hines slip ons, now I'd like to put on a power commander V. Is there any reason I have to dyno?
With the mods you have you may not even need the power commander. If you didn't put the O2 sensors back in the 09 header then yes you probably do need it since the ecm will have no way to adjust for mixture changes and run in open loop all the time. It will still run in open loop with the PCV but you can add and remove fuel and timing with the PCV. With the stage 1 type mods you are making the PCV will do good without the Dyno. I would add a Stage 1 air cleaner. It will help bike perform better in the higher load ranges, such as accelerating. The PCV is a little difficult to install the first time as the ecm plug can be a little intimidating for some. If you know someone who has done it before you can get their help.
If you order it from Fuel Moto they can put a map on it and all you do is plug it in. I would suggest you download the software from Dynajet and learn a little about the PCV. Then you can actually make some changes yourself or atleast install new maps as you need.
I have attached a couple of maps we are running on son in laws 2013 Road Glide. He is running it with a switch to switch between the cooler for intown riding and economy for open road riding or cooler weather. The cooler was done for the 100 degree weather while in town. All 2010 to 2013 touring stage 1 bikes can use the same map. The bike will definitely run cooler with the PCV and the maps from FM or these.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
2013 touring cooler.zip (898 Bytes, 39 views)
Old 09-26-2013, 05:35 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by kipd
Correct you will just need the PV-2 Cable, it has 6pins instead of the 4 . although, I paid closer to $40 from FM, not sure why it was so much more.
The cables thru Fuel Moto are the same price as thru Dynojet $24.95 + shipping.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 09-26-2013, 05:38 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Maddpony
I have had my 2014 FLHTK for about a month now and so far this is what I have ordered or about to order. I just want to make sure nothing is missing before I have my dealer install all this. And I welcome all opinions good or bad. Thank You.

I am really hoping Jamie can tell me his opinion most of all, Is there anything I should not do? Or is there something I am missing that I need to get?

FM-03-FLH-HTC Jackpot 2/1/2 - Touring Models - Ceramic Coated
FM-14-XO Jackpot Full Size X-Over Kit
CFR-FLH008DFB CFR (Cary Faas Racing) Exhaust Slip-Ons
TW-777 Woods Chain Drive Camshaft
27713-08 Screamin Eagle Pro High-Flow 58mm EFI Throttle Body
29400166 Screamin Eagle Extreme 58mm Billet Ventilator Air Cleaner
16500208 Screamin Eagle Pro CNC Ported/Polished Heads with Valve Upgrade
18401-03 Screamin Eagle Pro Perfect Fit Pushrods
27796-08 Screamin Eagle Pro High Flow Fuel Injector Kit
32109-08C Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner

My mechanic at Harley helped me with this combination, but I really wanted to get some more opinions before I commit.

And of course any gaskets or bearings that need to be replaced will also be done. The Exhaust and heads I already have, the rest I am about to order.

I did not feel the Pistons needed to be changed since they are already at 10:1 Compression.
That combo does not look too bad overall, however there are some components in there that I would go a different direction on. I can assure you we could make a bunch more power for the same or less money. Feel free to contact us at 920-423-3309

Old 09-26-2013, 06:01 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The cables thru Fuel Moto are the same price as thru Dynojet $24.95 + shipping.
Which is only one of the reasons I ordered from you. Will be ordering the unlock code (which I didn't know you could supply) as soon as maps are available, if not sooner.

A question: what is the quietest free flowing slip-on FM has tested?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:24 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by d-streetglidr
Which is only one of the reasons I ordered from you. Will be ordering the unlock code (which I didn't know you could supply) as soon as maps are available, if not sooner.

A question: what is the quietest free flowing slip-on FM has tested?
Yes we can supply PV Tune Licenses as well, when you purchase a licence thru Fuel Moto we will supply the Dynojet license and Fuel Moto map for your new setup together in one email.

As far as maps for slip ons, for the 14 Twin Cooled bike we have developed maps for several slip ons with the stock head pipe as well as our Jackpot 2/1/2, we did several true dual maps, and we are currently working on 2/1 calibrations. We have been running the bike ragged on the dyno over the past several weeks, unfortunately that has not given me alot of time to post info here.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all your dyno testing and running that 14 ragged, have you had any issues with it puking coolant? Just curious since there are a few on here doing this, and you running the crap out of yours.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:27 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by motorcyclelockman
With all your dyno testing and running that 14 ragged, have you had any issues with it puking coolant? Just curious since there are a few on here doing this, and you running the crap out of yours.
Zero issues with the cooling system

Quick Reply: 2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto