Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 04:44 PM
MrHd1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Putting on V&H twin slash rounds and waiting for the aftermarket to catch up on the intake side.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Here is a video of the 2014 FLHTK with Jackpot 4" mufflers and a stock head pipe. We are very busy at the moment developing fuel maps, we will post info and more dyno charts this week.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 09-24-2013, 05:36 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Jamie,

Any word on when the new Power Vision cable for the 2014's will be available? I can't get through on your phone lines, and emailing you has been unsuccessful. I'm curious as to what temp HD has set for the EITMS to kick in on the 2014 Ultra Classic. Mine comes on after 5 minutes idling, and every stop thereafter. Thanks.

DJK

Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by djkolp
Jamie,

Any word on when the new Power Vision cable for the 2014's will be available? I can't get through on your phone lines, and emailing you has been unsuccessful. I'm curious as to what temp HD has set for the EITMS to kick in on the 2014 Ultra Classic. Mine comes on after 5 minutes idling, and every stop thereafter. Thanks.

DJK
We always have the cable kits in stock, it is a standard PV-2 cable. For immediate support we can be contacted at 877-729-4754 from 9:00-5:00 CST and have 6 phone lines. We did receive your email from yesterday afternoon however please understand emails are not answered immediately, it will generally take 24 hours.

As far as EITMS, on the Ultra Classic air cooled model EITMS comes on at 275F, this does not mean the engine is overheating, it is simply there to help slow down the rate the motor builds heat when sitting stationary.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM
kipd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djkolp
Jamie,

DJK
I had the PV mounted on my 2010 SG using the standard 4pin connector it came with. I ordered and recieved the PV-2 cable about 3 weeks ago and mounted the powervision on my 2014 SGS, i have it mounted to cover the blank spot to the left of the infotainment screen. It fills that spot perfectly. I have the PV-2 cable plugged into the data port and it powers on the PV system just like before, however until they release the firmware update it will not recognize the ECM.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Maddpony
Stage IV

I have had my 2014 FLHTK for about a month now and so far this is what I have ordered or about to order. I just want to make sure nothing is missing before I have my dealer install all this. And I welcome all opinions good or bad. Thank You.

I am really hoping Jamie can tell me his opinion most of all, Is there anything I should not do? Or is there something I am missing that I need to get?

FM-03-FLH-HTC Jackpot 2/1/2 - Touring Models - Ceramic Coated
FM-14-XO Jackpot Full Size X-Over Kit
CFR-FLH008DFB CFR (Cary Faas Racing) Exhaust Slip-Ons
TW-777 Woods Chain Drive Camshaft
27713-08 Screamin Eagle Pro High-Flow 58mm EFI Throttle Body
29400166 Screamin Eagle Extreme 58mm Billet Ventilator Air Cleaner
16500208 Screamin Eagle Pro CNC Ported/Polished Heads with Valve Upgrade
18401-03 Screamin Eagle Pro Perfect Fit Pushrods
27796-08 Screamin Eagle Pro High Flow Fuel Injector Kit
32109-08C Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner

My mechanic at Harley helped me with this combination, but I really wanted to get some more opinions before I commit.

And of course any gaskets or bearings that need to be replaced will also be done. The Exhaust and heads I already have, the rest I am about to order.

I did not feel the Pistons needed to be changed since they are already at 10:1 Compression.

Last edited by Maddpony; 09-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:53 PM
curtis myers
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
As far as EITMS, on the Ultra Classic air cooled model EITMS comes on at 275F, this does not mean the engine is overheating, it is simply there to help slow down the rate the motor builds heat when sitting stationary.
I believe their was a change in the 2014 models for activating the EITMS (the manuals are misprinted).
Now the EITMS is activated when the ambient tempature is above 80 degrees. It's all about keeping the heat off the rider. So it does not matter what the engine temps are, if the air temps are above 80 degrees, activate EITMS to help retard heat form getting to the rider.
In other words don't wait till the engine is hot to start minimizing rear cylinder heat.
Got this from a phone call to HD headquarters vai local dealer about my 2014 limited. I'm assuming it applies to all 2014 touring models.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kipd
I had the PV mounted on my 2010 SG using the standard 4pin connector it came with. I ordered and recieved the PV-2 cable about 3 weeks ago and mounted the powervision on my 2014 SGS, i have it mounted to cover the blank spot to the left of the infotainment screen. It fills that spot perfectly. I have the PV-2 cable plugged into the data port and it powers on the PV system just like before, however until they release the firmware update it will not recognize the ECM.

That's EXTREMELY good news!! So the Power Vision 1 will work but I will have to have the PV-2 cable. Right??

And the reason that is such good news, I got a good deal on a used PV-1 and sent an email to FM as to what I needed to do for it to work on my bike. I was told that

"As of now there isn't a Power Vision that will work. Dynajet is working on the software for the 2014 Power Vision tuner. But you will need the Power Vision 2 for your bike."

So all I need is a $20.00 cable?

Cable PVSN,HD-CAN
Replacement part, cable included with Power Vision Kit
SKU#: 76950346
Product Price: $24.95

from here:

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...y-options.aspx

And yes I know I will need to buy the license for my bike as well.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:21 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

I wonder if stock 14 take out cams will be cheap and if there will be a PCV map available for us poor users with a our smallish 96" engines?

Obviously very comparable to 255s and probably easier to get and maybe better performing? Easier starts and all that..

I could have a HD 96" HO!

lp

Old 09-24-2013, 09:54 PM
kipd
Tourer

Originally Posted by d-streetglidr
That's EXTREMELY good news!! So the Power Vision 1 will work but I will have to have the PV-2 cable. Right??

And the reason that is such good news, I got a good deal on a used PV-1 and sent an email to FM as to what I needed to do for it to work on my bike. I was told that

"As of now there isn't a Power Vision that will work. Dynajet is working on the software for the 2014 Power Vision tuner. But you will need the Power Vision 2 for your bike."

So all I need is a $20.00 cable?

Cable PVSN,HD-CAN
Replacement part, cable included with Power Vision Kit
SKU#: 76950346
Product Price: $24.95

from here:

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...y-options.aspx

And yes I know I will need to buy the license for my bike as well.
Correct you will just need the PV-2 Cable, it has 6pins instead of the 4 . although, I paid closer to $40 from FM, not sure why it was so much more.

Quick Reply: 2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto