Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 07:26 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
I run my house hold finances. I have Five banking accounts.

First one is a joint account.

Second is my personal account (My Name Only)

Then I have three out of state accounts. (My Name Only) None of these banks have branches in the state I live.

My Fav song. Can't Touch This 8^) Yes I've been through a divorce before.
The attempt to conceal consistently yields greater judgments which in turn results in more generous settlements upon disclosure with greater net for the astute attorney representing the poor, sad, broken hearted plaintiff.
Remember: "The second rat gets the cheese".

Old 09-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
I run my house hold finances. I have Five banking accounts.

First one is a joint account.

Second is my personal account (My Name Only)

Then I have three out of state accounts. (My Name Only) None of these banks have branches in the state I live.

My Fav song. Can't Touch This 8^) Yes I've been through a divorce before.
As long as they are in your name, and tied to your social security number, any forensic accountant will find all of your accounts whether there are branches in the state you live or not.

I've been through divorce too.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:50 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Ventoso
The liquid cooled heads are not about more power, its about sustaining power. My 2012 limited that I traded in had light to moderate pinging at 2500 to 3000 on the freeway at any temperature above 80F. Power Vision eliminated that but at the cost of 1 degree of timing. More fuel cooled it, but didn't eliminate the pinging.

The new limited lets me run two up, loaded, 105F in Phoenix.... no pinging, and noticeably more power, all day (250 miles on monday alone ) 5th gear passing is a roll on breeze, rides like its on rails ( rear shocks still suck) dozens of welcome changes, radio is great ( pandora over bluetooth, waiting for sat to arrive.) and missing the lower glove boxes ( looking for alternative ).

So... 944 shocks and catelectomy is next (V&H power duals and hi flow slip ons) and waiting for the PV2 cable and update.... if needed.
I am also a new 2014 twin cooled Limited owner. How do you get Pandora for your bike? is that part of a XM upgrade? I really wish Harley had included the XM hardware, hate to open up the fairing just to add the XM option,

Thanks
Scott

Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DocO
Well enjoy roasting your nads at stoplights and in traffic..
No roasted nads here and I'm running a 120". I simply don't like all the added complexity. I bought my first HD back in 1999 to get away from it. As I said JMHO.

Rick

Old 09-03-2013, 07:58 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
I am also a new 2014 twin cooled Limited owner. How do you get Pandora for your bike? is that part of a XM upgrade? I really wish Harley had included the XM hardware, hate to open up the fairing just to add the XM option,

Thanks
Scott
You just pair your smartphone and through your phone play Pandora. The bluetooth will find it. The problem with getting XM is not opening up the fairing, it's coughing up $400 for the Sirius/XM modulator.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:23 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
As long as they are in your name, and tied to your social security number, any forensic accountant will find all of your accounts whether there are branches in the state you live or not.

I've been through divorce too.
That's why it is called "Attempt to conceal"...

Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bobros
You just pair your smartphone and through your phone play Pandora. The bluetooth will find it. The problem with getting XM is not opening up the fairing, it's coughing up $400 for the Sirius/XM modulator.
what about the XM app on your phone, would that get you XM.

I have never used the XM app, just wondering if it's an option.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:45 PM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm not going to subscribe

Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 PM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Currently running at full throttle here the day after the holiday weekend. I will try to post tomorrow with more pictures and info we gathered over the past couple weeks.

I will add that the 14 Twin Cooled bikes do run cooler than previous models engine temp wise which is a good thing, as for exhaust heat the catalyst head pipe runs at the same temp as earlier models. We will soon have specific test data we will share, so please stay tuned. So far we are really liking the new bike and it will be an excellent platform to work off of.
I agree the 2014 seem to have a lot less heat radiating off the rightside.
I demo'd a Limited that been going all day in a 95* heat for about a 20 minutes ride.
I rode it hard and really noticed the differance in heat compared to my catless 2010.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Ventoso
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your phone or mp3 player can stream bluetooth audio, it will work. Most phones require you to select between phone or music though.

On heat, while the motor is slightly cooler, the cat is HOT (540F!) just like before. There is not much heat felt coming from the heat exchangers, but my heat gun does show 190-200 degrees after 30 minutes highway at 102F and that the rear head is 80 degrees cooler after a similar run on my 12. The oil was 15 degrees hotter though, but, not a good comparison, the '14 has no oil cooler, different days.

Gotta believe that keeping the head cooler with higher compression, more advance all means more available power to be found in these 'new' motors.

Quick Reply: 2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto