Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Grappa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie;
Have you ridden in the rain yet with the new fairing?

From the looks of the one I saw on the showroom it looks like some rain might squeak by the flap, ending up, either on the rider or the inside of the windscreen.
Let us know what you find out.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:36 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Grappa
Jamie;
Have you ridden in the rain yet with the new fairing?

From the looks of the one I saw on the showroom it looks like some rain might squeak by the flap, ending up, either on the rider or the inside of the windscreen.
Let us know what you find out.
I have not ridden in the rain, however with the flap closed there is no air passing thru the vent if you place your hand over it.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-28-2013, 01:45 PM
KW HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 855 Likes on 428 Posts

Subscribed...

Old 08-28-2013, 01:45 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by madmustang4
Am interested in finding out if the stage 1 air intakes (SE, Big suckers, etc) will fit under the new cover and what impact they will have on performance.
I think the parts guy said the new stage 1 would be out in Nov. If I can get them to remove the cover I will check it out. He already had someone wanting one and a PV for it. It was on a Streetglide Special. I guess I have a question on the PV. I know it won't work with the twin cooled according to Jamie's comment, but will the PV2 work on the non water cooled versions now or do they have to wait also for upgrades.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:24 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
I think the parts guy said the new stage 1 would be out in Nov. If I can get them to remove the cover I will check it out. He already had someone wanting one and a PV for it. It was on a Streetglide Special. I guess I have a question on the PV. I know it won't work with the twin cooled according to Jamie's comment, but will the PV2 work on the non water cooled versions now or do they have to wait also for upgrades.
I'm wondering this also, looking at the HD stage 1 kit in the P&A book it shows a new number for 14 models but looking at the photo makes me wonder if that isnt just because of the odd shaped rubber ring the mates up with the stock cover and the backing plate is the same.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
I'm wondering this also, looking at the HD stage 1 kit in the P&A book it shows a new number for 14 models but looking at the photo makes me wonder if that isnt just because of the odd shaped rubber ring the mates up with the stock cover and the backing plate is the same.
I do remember reading somewhere the bore of the throttle body is I think 2 mm larger. That maybe what the difference is.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:55 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that both where 50mm

Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
stew292
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed

Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

There are some differences on the air cleaner, however it really depends on the AC cover and other details. Many of the aftermarket offerings will carry over, the HD Stage 1 should be available from HD, and a Fuel Moto Pro Billet AC for the 14 will be available in 4-6 weeks.

As far as Power Vision, all 2014 Touring models will use PV-2. The air cooled and twin cooled bikes will use different maps. There will be a new firmware update to accommodate 14 bikes in the next several weeks, and by the time it is available for consumer release Fuel Moto will have maps ready to go. We will have some initial FM Micro Tuner maps ready and a new application on the website by this weekend.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

I do remember reading somewhere the bore of the throttle body is I think 2 mm larger. That maybe what the difference is.
Throttle body has not been changed, it remains 50mm

Quick Reply: 2014 Harley FLHTK Twin Cooled testing & info by Fuel Moto