Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 AM
fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Moto... No Thanks

So, I was pretty excited yesterday to have finally narrowed down what goodies I was going to put on the scoot and spend my hard earned money on. After a few weeks of searching the web, reading reviews, and saving up a little cash, I thought I had it figured out. That was until I contacted the folks at Fuel Moto…

I called yesterday after and talked to Cindy. She was great to talk to and was knowledgeable about their products and the others they sell as well. I was looking at XXX high output header pipes, full size cross over pipe, PC-V, Fuel Moto stage one air cleaner kit and two black exhaust tips for my 4” Rinehart slip-ons that I have already. Cindy priced everything out for me and I had decided that I would have to purchase the head pipes and cross over pipe a little later because I didn’t want to spend all of the money at once. Cindy had also given me a different price for the Rinehart exhaust tips then what was shown on their website, a difference of $15 per tip, $84.95 on the website vs. $99.95 on the phone. Cindy told me she didn’t have access to the website, but told me if that’s the price that’s on the website, then she would be happy to grant it. Great! So she tallied up the total and it was around $615. I gave her my credit card info and was told I’d have parts in about a week. Great!

Ten minutes go by and I get a phone call from Brian at Fuel Moto. Brian tells me he can’t sell me the Rinehart tips for the $84.95 and that the price is $99.95. I told him I didn’t quite understand and explained to him that it shows them on Fuel Moto’s website for $84.95. Brian jumped on a computer and I navigated him to the location on his website where they are listed for $84.95. Brian acknowledges the location on their website where they are listed for the $84.95 but tells me to “click” on the part and I’ll see that it says “call for pricing.” I click on the part and sure enough it says “call for pricing.” Brian says, they are $99.95. I told him I wanted to pay the price of $84.95 where they are listed on the previous page in a list format. Brian says, they are $99.95. We go around a few times and I still am not getting anywhere with paying the price that is listed on their website so I tell Brian that I want to cancel my entire order and without hesitation he replies back with “OK.” I hang up the phone in shock and disappointment. I’m not getting my parts.

Ten minutes go by and I called Fuel Moto back to talk with Cindy and told her I wanted to give Fuel Moto one more chance. I asked her if there was anyone there that I could talk to who would have authorization to sell the Rinehart exhaust tips for the $84.95 listed on their website. She said Jamie is the owner, but was busy at the moment and that she would explain to him what is going on and would have him call me. Great! Making progress.

Jamie called me back about five minutes later, but I missed his call. I called him right back and was able to get him on the phone. Jamie immediately tells me his has been brought up to speed with this issue and tells me that he can’t sell the tips at the $84.95 price because Rinehart sets their pricing but he would offer free shipping ($16 value). I replied back in saying that was not good enough, and I wanted to purchase the tips at the $84.95 price. Jamie says he can’t. I tell him I understand you can’t sell vender product for lower than what they list it for based on whatever contract they have between them and that I am spending over $600 and he should have room on his the other items that I am buying to make up the difference. Jamie tells me he’s not going to do that and the best he can do for me is the free shipping. Multiple times while I was trying to talk this out with Jamie he cut me off and talked over me. I was not very happy with his rudeness and I actually had to tell him to stop talking and let me talk. Jamie finally says if you can send me a link to my website where these are listed for $84.95 I will honor that price. I said great no problem. I go to my computer and by the time I get back to where the price is, it’s magically at $99.95. Meanwhile, Jamie keeps reiterating to me that these tips were never listed on his website for $84.95 and no one at Fuel Moto has ever seen them for that price. I tell him Brian did while I was on the phone with him. Jamie tells me in a flat out lie that Brian never saw them at that price. I told Jamie that the price had just been switched on the website. He replies back saying, “I’m not an IT guy and I have no idea how to do that.” I told him I was extremely disappointed with all of this and told him I wanted my entire order canceled. He replied back with a “sure no problem.”

This was my first and only experience with Fuel Moto and it will be my last. I was extremely disappointed with the lack of professionalism and horrible customer service I received. I am not upset over the $30 savings/price difference with the Rinehart exhaust tips. It could have been a $5 difference and it would have been the same. For me it’s about having and maintaining principals of good business and establishing trust and confidence in one’s product and service. I received neither yesterday from Fuel Moto.

-Greg

Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 AM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,223 Likes on 1,608 Posts

I don't disagree with your position; however, was $14 worth all that? As soon as Brian offered free shipping, reducing the total over charge from $30 to $14, I would have accepted the gesture. I would have still had a conversation with Jamie pointing out the problem and suggesting that they review their website to make sure all the posted prices were accurate and that the "call for pricing" was BS. You would have said your piece, still could have blasted Fule Moto on every HD forum on the web and never had to deal with them again but, you would have your parts. Now, for $14 that you are probably going to have to pay anyway, maybe more, you get to start all over again.

I have never done business with Fuel Moto, so I cannot comment on their professionalism or customer service but many on this and other forums have good things to say about Jamie and crew. I think you let $14 become more important that getting your parts. JMHO.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

All this grief, posting, phone calls and follow up over 30 bucks? Really?

Within mins of an order you received a prompt call back. When you weren't satisfied with that you made it all the way to the very busy owner of the company within 30 mins. Then Jamie tries to split the difference and it's not good enough?

I've never dealt with Fuel Moto but their reputation for customer service seems to be extremely high based on the comments on this forum and others.

Your expectations seem a little unrealistic

Get over it

Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
I don't disagree with your position; however, was $14 worth all that? As soon as Brian offered free shipping, reducing the total over charge from $30 to $14, I would have accepted the gesture. I would have still had a conversation with Jamie pointing out the problem and suggesting that they review their website to make sure all the posted prices were accurate and that the "call for pricing" was BS. You would have said your piece, still could have blasted Fule Moto on every HD forum on the web and never had to deal with them again but, you would have your parts. Now, for $14 that you are probably going to have to pay anyway, maybe more, you get to start all over again.

I have never done business with Fuel Moto, so I cannot comment on their professionalism or customer service but many on this and other forums have good things to say about Jamie and crew. I think you let $14 become more important that getting your parts. JMHO.
I would have accepted the gesture of free shipping, had the parts sent out and moved on. JMO that life is already too troublesome to get worked up over 14 dollars.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:20 AM
fishboy
Tourer

It's not about the money or the time really... It's about people taking responsibility for themselves and their entities and doing the right thing. Nothing here is unrealistic.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy
For me it’s about having and maintaining principals of good business and establishing trust and confidence in one’s product and service. I received neither yesterday from Fuel Moto.
Hmm, he offered to compensate your $14 difference with $16 free shipping and you don't think that is good business?

This thread is just more good advertising for Fuelmoto.

Beary

Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeezus .. You wasted even more time typing all that crap. Get a life.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

99.95-84.95 = $15.00

Free shipping offered was a $16 value.

What am I missing here? He wouldn't/couldn't discount the tips, but the free shipping brought the total one dollar lower than the original price.

You said no to the free shipping because the discount didn't apply to the part of the order you wanted it to, but the total was the same?

Edit: ok, I see it now. $15 per tip. Sorry.

Still think you overreacted.

Last edited by Pioneer74; 08-22-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy

This was my first and only experience with Fuel Moto and it will be my last. I was extremely disappointed with the lack of professionalism and horrible customer service I received. I am not upset over the $30 savings/price difference with the Rinehart exhaust tips. It could have been a $5 difference and it would have been the same. For me it’s about having and maintaining principals of good business and establishing trust and confidence in one’s product and service. I received neither yesterday from Fuel Moto.

-Greg
I do understand your position, and if this makes you happy I'm good with it. But, it doesn't sound like you're happy and maybe it wasn't worth it for $14. Jamie did meet you more than half way...and did try to explain his position with the supplier. How many places would you even have access to the owner to try to resolve an issue?

Fuel Moto and Jamie are both very well respected in this and other forums. His products are very high quality, and they supply some of the best technical support available. You are free to buy the Rinhart parts else ware if you can get a better price.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot over $14 when you were offered a compromise. Just buy them else ware if you feel so strongly.

Their pricing on Air filter/tuner combo's is very competitive, and their headers are some of the best available. They are almost a work of art. And there is no substitute for their tech support on DynoJet products...it's hard to put a price on that....especially if you're having a problem.

So maybe reconsider...I think you're the on losing out on this deal.

As I said I can respect your position...but who's actually losing??

Old 08-22-2013, 09:33 AM
UkCatsHarley
Cruiser

Not sure on the volume fuel moto has for those tips. Mistakes happen. Maybe you are the first to bring to their attention?

They tried to make it right. That's all you can ask IMHO...

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks