Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 AM
flattracker60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy
If and when Jamie replies, there is nothing more he can add. I'm an honest hard working person who shoots straight from the hip, no BS. I put everything in the original post, the way it went down and I flamed no one. Just shared my experience. I never told anyone to not buy from them. I was just bummed with my first impression. Plain and simple.

Greg

I guaranty Jamie would ad something......100%, no doubt.

Jamie doesn't have the thriving business he has by pissing lots of people off.

I'm sure this was just a misunderstanding of some sort.....

Maybe Jamie was just pissed that the 2014 103ci has 5 more HP and wanted to take it out on someone.....LOL.

Come on now, there is important stuff happening right now in the world....thanks for sharing your situation with us.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,702 Likes on 1,371 Posts

This is not really an exciting thread. The op found an old webpage price and is unhappy that they would not honor that price. Okay, he is unhappy and let everyone know he ws unhappy. He has his negative groupies supporting and edging him on and then others went into defend mode based on their positive experience with Fuel Moto. Anyone who has dealt with them know they don't discount. Obviously, the op felt he was getting screwed. Some agree, I don't agree.

I hope he is happy buying elsewhere. Has every experience with Fuel Moto been A-1? No, but it has been satisfactory service for a quality product. Could I start threads bitch'n about other vendors, such as J & P, yes. Do I, no, I move on and buy my stuff elsewhere.

Nothing is going to make the op feel like he was not screwed. Let him live there and move on. I was glad the thread was killed and laughed at the second thread. I think the first thread was killed as it was evaluated for content, it started off as a pig pile of groupie's jumping on the I've been wronged band wagon.

But the whole things make me laugh. I am reminded that the internet is just a toy and can be a huge waste of time. Even when it makes me laugh at what some people find important.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Their great customer service is worth a lot more than $15 or $30 to me.
Most of their prices are at or below anyone else.
I understand about principles but business is business.
They did try to work with you.
I have had to do almost the same thing, you can't loose money and stay in business.
I have been using them for many years with nothing but great customer service.
I am sorry you had a mishap that effected you enough to make this thread.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my fuel moto experience is great, i bought a PCV last year it broke after 2 weeks. the PCV box states to send it to the factory in las vegas for warranty work. i didnt want to wait for this so i called jaime at fuel moto, he asked me are you sure its the tuner i told him yes. when i hook up the 02 sensors and the stock ecm the bike runs fine. sure enough he sent me a brand new PCV the same day 2-3 day shipping, after i received it he called me and asked me to send him the broken unit, which i did. not many places would send a new unit out with out receiving the old unit first.

due to his great customer service i have sent at least 4-5 people i know to fuel moto for tuners.

i understand the price was different, it was a honest mistake. it was not a bait and switch tactic. he met you halfway on the price deal, you should of taken it. not many other shops are going to talk to you on the phone and give you free advice like fuel moto will.

if the salesmen at the ford dealership puts a sign on the new f-350 for sale for $30,000 are you going to actually expect the dealer to give the truck away for $30,000. no the salesman made a mistake and he was supposed to put $50,000 on the new f-350. now when the dealer says i understand your concern i will sell you the ford for $45,000, do you say no and go down the street and pay $50,000 at the next dealership?

Old 08-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There were laws placed to deal with marked prices for retail stores...

And, there was a reason for it. Personally, I would like to know why an owner of a business would outright accuse the customer of making up a story like this, when they changed the website during the process. (The accusation was implied during the phone conversation when Jaimie said he would honor the price if the OP could show it to him, according to the OP's accounting) This seems to be pretty shady work, and if it happened to you you would feel the same way. The OP spoke to what, two people before speaking to Jamie, and they both acknowledged the price difference on the web site.

Loyalty is fine, and may well be deserved, in your experience. It may not have been the same experience the OP had, so allowing him his due, should not be discouraged IMHO...

Last edited by Def Mute; 08-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:22 PM
jrdfatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how nongroupies get on a thread at page 7 and tell us how bored they are with the thread. Well, at least us groupies got the meaning of life from the son, of the hounds. LOL By the way, the groupie life is awesome, I love these bitchy threads. Great advertising for FM, and we bond as a forum. groupie hug

Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Im gonna go out on a limb here. I dont believe the price changed on the website. Just sayin

Old 08-22-2013, 12:30 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

not knocking Jamie at all here. I've dealt with him before in good standings and without issue.

What's at issue is the simple fact that a price was stated on the website (not as someone pointed out as old either) as CURRENT. The price would not be honored and that's a shame for FM for not eating that cost.

To answer the FORD analogy... you damn skippy I would. Advertised pricing is advertised pricing, bottom line. In addition, odds are I'd go down the road to dealer B and explain what just happened at dealer A and they'd match or beat the $5k price difference anyways.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 08-22-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:36 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 336 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 2>4
Honestly, I thought Fuel Moto handled the situation well until the price changed on their website. The only explanation that I can see is that they changed it and lied to you. I have only heard great things about their service so this seems strange.
This was my thinking. Always heard nothing but great things about Fuel Moto. But if price was changed, then denied...and if the comment that no one has ever seen that price on the web was made....that is not cool at all & I would question integrity at this point.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:36 PM
UkCatsHarley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what's everyone think of the 2014's?

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks