Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, they called you back, call for pricing is a common pracitce as they cant possibly list all the prices for all bikes, many web sites use a general price and state call for pricing; which you say was there after he told you where to see it. Ok bueno, you tried to tough it out and fought to get what YOU thought was right and FM even offered the free shipping, which I think made up for it and would have won me over.

I have done buisnes with them before and found them to be more than fair. I know you dont think so, but I think you should have taken the free shipping and got your parts. Sounds like a mess load of hee'n and Haw'n over 15 bucks. I doubt you'll get the parts and service your looking for from an other company. In my years I have found that when FM says it will be there, they mean it. Well, good luck with what you decide to do. I hope you find what your looking for at the price you want. Ride safe!

Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I wish OP would have accepted Jamie's offer and allowed me to paypal him $14 before posting this thread so we could all have 30+ minutes of our lives back

Old 08-22-2013, 04:59 PM
fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
While in a thread like this there will be opinions, speculation and mixed emotions, there are some examples where you only hear part of the story and this happens to be one of them. I am not going to discuss the specific details further and hope the OP is able to move on.

We have over 60,000+ customers that we have supported over the past decade, and will continue to do so as well.
Jamie you can't go into details because there are no more details. Everything that happened was stated in the first post clearly. I was never unfriendly with anyone let alone threatening.

This is how this works though I guess, in order for you to save face with all of your customers, this is how you react. You've summed up my experience with Fuel Moto nicely for me. Thank you.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:04 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by TMOUT
Sounds like there were details left out................
always is....

and exactly why I put the thread back... :-) yep it was me...

Old 08-22-2013, 05:08 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy
Jamie you can't go into details because there are no more details. Everything that happened was stated in the first post clearly. I was never unfriendly with anyone let alone threatening.

This is how this works though I guess, in order for you to save face with all of your customers, this is how you react. You've summed up my experience with Fuel Moto nicely for me. Thank you.
It sounds like you were threatening to post this in the forums unless they gave you the cheaper price. That is a threat.....

The fact that you would do that makes me question your overall tone with him on the phone to begin with

09B29
Road Captain

23000 bike and you are upset about 14 bucks??
Fuel Moto is great
They always return phone calls and emails

Your gonna stand alone on this one

UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Jamie got right on the phone to answer my questions and make sure I was getting exactly what I needed... (older Bike) and everything was like they said it would be, and when they said it would be.
damn.. FM sells walking canes? LOL.. sorry man.. you left yourself open for that one.. "Senior Rider and Older Biker"

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Again, not saying it's not possible that Jamie and Brian went total *** hat commando on this guy... just sayin it doesn't feel likely.
yep.. been my experience as well...

Old 08-22-2013, 05:13 PM
09B29
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
If you meet more than three ******** in a day, you are probably one of them.
Cigar Critic --- That is a great looking RG
hold on to it

Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy

I built this company on customer service, I am not saving face. By noting I am not going into details means I am trying to be professional and that I am simply not going to post specific business between my company and an individual on an open forum. What went down yesterday was between you and us, it was your choice to start this thread. If you feel you were not out of line that is perfectly ok but remember I was on the other end of the phone and you talked to 2 other people as well. We have moved on and I am sure you will as well. In the end I am sorry we could not meet your expectations and I will again apologize just as I did yesterday.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-22-2013, 05:17 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bunker
Two sides to the story. One side posts emails and pics, I'll go with that side.

Cached page? c'mon guys, especially you IT guys. Plausible, sure but unless we're talking days (and not getting online to refresh) it's not going to show an old cached page. I know how to bull#$%^ the people in my office when there's a network problem, they have no clue what I'm talking about but it sounds good and gives me time to fix it. One of the perks of being a computer nerd I suppose.

It's pretty clear to me that FM was in the wrong and are now trying to save face by fighting a "he said, he said" fight. Unfortunately for them, the OP has pics and emails.

Even if this is all made up by the OP, how much business has it now cost FM. I bet a lot more than $14

/shrug
ah but on the contrair... 26 years of IT Infrastructure management talking here..

there is a setting and has been there for many a years with IE (don't really care about other browsers so don't know but suppose it's there as well) that dictates how long cached pages are stored.

not to mention sys admins can set group policies to block these settings and store them forever (ask me how I know)

and then we have things like Barracuda web filters that do just the same. It happens...

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks