Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:31 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Two sides to every story, we'll never know, but for those of us who have actually worked with Jamie and the crew, either remotely or in person, we're putting our money on FuelMoto. I've got 20,000 miles on my build, I'm lucky to live close so they did the whole thing. I feel guilty for not throwing a few bucks their way every time I ride it because of the smile it brings to my face. My guess is if the OP spent this much time and effort on such a trivial issue he is just that type of person, the kind no one wants to do business with ..... now it's hot out, work's over, I'm riding ...... Thanks to Jamie, it will be very fast and make me happy.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Def Mute
Man...

This is bringing me back to the '70s, when a mescaline induced sort of strangeness comes over you as the girl you're with turns into a blood thirsty vamp, and begins to chew on your arm!

Hey, it could have happened. I'm sure I remember it correctly!
Dude. I hear you...!!! It happens.:-)

Old 08-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Two sides to every story, we'll never know, but for those of us who have actually worked with Jamie and the crew, either remotely or in person, we're putting our money on FuelMoto. I've got 20,000 miles on my build, I'm lucky to live close so they did the whole thing. I feel guilty for not throwing a few bucks their way every time I ride it because of the smile it brings to my face. My guess is if the OP spent this much time and effort on such a trivial issue he is just that type of person, the kind no one wants to do business with ..... now it's hot out, work's over, I'm riding ...... Thanks to Jamie, it will be very fast and make me happy.
You shouldn't go very fast on that bike man... they weren't built for high speeds... heh

And yeah, I aint all that close, i'm in Eau Claire, but close enough I could ride down there in an afternoon if I so desired... maybe some day I will.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:37 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Bottom line for me... Fuel Moto (Jamie) offered to "eat" more than half of an explainably honest mistake EVEN after the original order had been cancelled by the OP. At the time Fuel Moto was called BACK and "given another chance" the pricing was no longer in question.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:38 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

While in a thread like this there will be opinions, speculation and mixed emotions, there are some examples where you only hear part of the story and this happens to be one of them. I am not going to discuss the specific details further and hope the OP is able to move on.

We have over 60,000+ customers that we have supported over the past decade, and will continue to do so as well.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-22-2013, 04:40 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by camsmith
I just hope I can get the popcorn popped BEFORE OP calls Howard for shocks....
OMG. Can you imagine that? That would be some funny chit.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:42 PM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a perfect example of why it is so hard to be in business for yourself, some customers are unable to be satisfied. Fuel Moto is a first class operation.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:42 PM
louisianaSVT2001
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW my one experience with Fuel moto went smooth and friendly and I recieved a quality product.

The OP sounds like an azz, he had issue with pricing (likely with attitude) the pricing issue was explained and even given an additional discount and still doesn't make him happy.

Being an azz to make a point over about 15$.. What a dumbazz

Old 08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fuel moto

Originally Posted by camsmith
I just hope I can get the popcorn popped BEFORE OP calls Howard for shocks....
100% true

also this thread is going to solve nothing nor cost fuel moto any customers, basically its doing more advertising for fuel moto than anything. no matter what page you click on you see positive reviews from fuel moto.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 492 Likes on 313 Posts

Two sides to the story. One side posts emails and pics, I'll go with that side.

Cached page? c'mon guys, especially you IT guys. Plausible, sure but unless we're talking days (and not getting online to refresh) it's not going to show an old cached page. I know how to bull#$%^ the people in my office when there's a network problem, they have no clue what I'm talking about but it sounds good and gives me time to fix it. One of the perks of being a computer nerd I suppose.

It's pretty clear to me that FM was in the wrong and are now trying to save face by fighting a "he said, he said" fight. Unfortunately for them, the OP has pics and emails.

Even if this is all made up by the OP, how much business has it now cost FM. I bet a lot more than $14

/shrug

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks