Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:03 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Trust me, this is only part of the story here and I am not going to get into all of it, without going into the specific details here goes:
In all he called an assortment of times and argued, insulted, and threatened several members of our staff. In the end I even personally called him back to try to help out and he was not hearing it, he continued to insult me and rant on and tell me how he was going to post this and that. To add more to this saga, the OP has been emailing us today again with this same context.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-22-2013, 04:06 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Nobody was lied to, nobody was cheated. Every one of our staff that talked to the OP kept cool including myself, unlike the OP that completely went off on each of us with insults.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
TMOUT
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like there were details left out................

Old 08-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

All this over 15 bucks. Man.

fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Jamie, really... This is news to me. Way to come on here and save face with your lies.

I wish everyone here was a fly on the wall with the conversations I had with everyone at Fuel Moto Yesterday including yourself. Threatening, arguing and insulting?

Here are today's correspondences... Brian intimidated the email today and I responded once. See below. My only reply to Brian's email is first and then his email.

Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

Previous to your response, I am fully aware of how caching works. My screen shot from my phone was taken minutes after I spoke with Cindy on the phone. It still is a disappointment to me (and a little insulting to be honest) that you would respond to me with no solution to this very minor issue.

I showed you yesterday, while on the phone with you, where I saw the price for the end caps on your website. You saw it and you told me to click on the item itself and that's where it does say "call for pricing." You were absolutely correct with your statement and I was too with the location of the price listed on your website.

I really wish things would have turned out different because I had done extensive research to find what I thought was the best product for my bike and I kept coming back and comparing others to Fuel Moto.

Respectfully,
Greg Kiester

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 22, 2013, at 2:47 PM, Brian Kohls <kohls@fuelmotousa.com> wrote:

Hello Greg, Thank you for taking the time to email us. I spoke with you on the telephone briefly yesterday and in no way doubted you were seeing what you claimed. I do all of the behind the scenes computer work here at Fuel Moto and can offer an educated explanation for you. When you visit a website, your computer with cache (locally store) a copy of the website which assists it in loading more quickly the next time you go to the website. You will find that periodically your computer (or in this case phone) will update the website occasionally showing you the newer version of the website. When the Rinehart products were first listed on our site (and up until pretty recently actually) many of the accessories were priced lower at one point. Unfortunately pricing did change from Rinehart (without getting into too much detail we have shipping we now pay on accessories to us) which forced us to change our pricing. This is why the products when you click on them state to call us for pricing. When you refreshed the page it also shows the retail price as that changed several weeks ago and is the current pricing.

I hope this detailed explanation will assist you in understanding why you saw a "price update". I am actually the only person here who updates pricing and I was far too busy assisting the shipping team yesterday to have changed pricing while you were on the telephone. We are here to offer the best pricing and support we can and at the end of the day, we do need to be able to have some sort of a profit on the products we sell in order to continue to offer service to our customers at the level you have come to expect. Sometimes this means we are not going to be the most inexpensive shop out there, but I know that we will be there for you whenever you have a question. I am sorry you feel differently and I hope that by taking time out of our day to have the owner of Fuel Moto personally contact you, and the IT admin personally email you to offer a simple explanation, that you would see that we do indeed care about you as our potential customer and will be here for you however we can.

Please feel free to contact us at your convenience and let us know if there was anything else we could assist you with in the future.

Thank you.........Brian Kohls

FatBoyLo30
3rd Gear

How was he not lied to when it clearly shows the item with the price on the first post?

Old 08-22-2013, 04:14 PM
fishboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Nobody was lied to, nobody was cheated. Every one of our staff that talked to the OP kept cool including myself, unlike the OP that completely went off on each of us with insults.
I never got mad or even raised my voice. This is incredible.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

And there we have it.. the rest of the story. So now we have the OP saying it he completely nice to everyone, the owner saying he was insulting and threatening. Given the OP's demeanor here I think I tend to believe he wasn't as 'nice' as he claimed to be. I could definitely see him saying something along the lines of 'You better make this right or I will post this all over the Harley message boards'.

And to add to the drama, he's STILL messaging FuelMoto? Sounds like we have a full on stalker going on here.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:17 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Hey Jamie, anyone with common sense can guess his attitude by his original post. No need to waste your valuable time explaining it here. Nuff said, move on to good customers.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:18 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by FatBoyLo30
How was he not lied to when it clearly shows the item with the price on the first post?
The price he was referring to was a stored/cached web page, not a current web page. This can happen any time anything is changed on any web page.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks