Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:17 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,702 Likes on 1,371 Posts

With the tone of the op, if the conversation did not go exactly as the op has stated, anything Jamie says would look like he was calling the op a liar. I don't think anyone in that position has anything to gain by opting to tell "his" side of the story. Except perhaps to create a opportunity for someone to start posting, "liar, liar, pants on fire." That will lead nowhere fast. I believe there were some attitudes and words that lead to opportunities being missed. I understand how it can happen. I understand how 119 posts can lock people into certain positions. I doubt anything could be undone. The op will likely always be unhappy with the experience and nothing anyone could do at this time will change that. Fuel Moto is on to other customers and trying to do what they do.

I am very sorry the op had a bad experience. I hope it is the first time something like this has happened to him. I am sure that the next vendor he deals with will provide him the experience he expects and that he will post his great experience purchasing his new tips.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just hope I can get the popcorn popped BEFORE OP calls Howard for shocks....

Old 08-22-2013, 03:30 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2>4
Honestly, I thought Fuel Moto handled the situation well until the price changed on their website. The only explanation that I can see is that they changed it and lied to you. I have only heard great things about their service so this seems strange.
I Agree. Im looking to buy there head pipes. For my 2010 FLHXXX

Old 08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Dozer40
Road Warrior
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

I,ve done business Jamie and Brian at FuelMoto on several occasions and will continue to do so. Their customer service has been top notch...nuff said.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

What's also odd is the OP's decision to call Fotomoto back, to give them 'another chance'.. after he was told they can't sell it at that price. That struck me as kind of strange.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:44 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Man, I just went thru 125 posts looking for Jamie's take. Guess I'll look thru the next 125 tomorrow.....

Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Hey Fish,

It's apparent that the FM website was not current. So somebody at FM dropped the ball and allowed the wrong prices to be listed on that page. You pointed it out to them but they wouldn't admit their error (for whatever reason). So I get why that bothers you.

Then, you have one person (Cindy) with the company that stands behind what is presented to the public, and you have the company owner that is responsible for the content of his own website yet will not stand behind that content. Do you think for a minute that Bub would cancel their contract because they made a mistake on a price for a single item and sold it at a lower price to satisfy a customer...and Bub still gets his money anyway? Not a chance. I am a little perplexed at why they didn't honor what their website was advertising to the public.

I've spent a little money with FM myself. And they are the sponsor of our Touring Forum. It's probably one of those "if we do it for this guy, we will have to do it for whomever calls and says we did it for the first guy and why not them?" So they took a position to ensure future sales at the correct price. Can't blame them for that, but it does not serve you any satisfaction.

But it's apparent that someone in-house or a contractor changed the page content, and changed it quickly, as a result of this incident. That's for sure as evidenced by your screenshot, and cannot be disputed.

Websites are wrong sometimes. It happens. There's no law that says they have to be factual. We have probably all, at one time or another, felt the sting of bad info and then had a financial surprise. I know the money is pretty insignificant in this case, but I agree that there is apparently a disconnect at FM between Cindy's approach to customer service versus the rest of the company when individual issues such as these arise. This company is known for exceptional customer service, so they are doing a lot of things right. That's why this is perplexing to me.

Personally, I would have taken Brian's offer and lived to fight another day. So don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Shake it off and give them another chance to serve you. I am sure they would be happy to have you back as a customer. Life is short, learn to forgive.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

The biggest bummer for me would be creating this situation and then not allowing myself to purchase from Fuel Moto in the future. I've had nothing but good experiences with them even so far as having Jaime answering tech/troubleshooting emails with me months after my purchase

Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crimson
What's also odd is the OP's decision to call Fotomoto back, to give them 'another chance'.. after he was told they can't sell it at that price. That struck me as kind of strange.
What is so odd about giving someone a chance to make a situation right? Everyone has bad days or gets caught up in something and take it out on someone else. We are human. Up until that point I hadn't spoken with anyone at Fuel Moto who had the authority to decision my request of purchasing an item from their website as advertised on their website. Plain and simple. I called them back to give them another shot.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by camsmith
I just hope I can get the popcorn popped BEFORE OP calls Howard for shocks....
LOL, I was thinking that very thing about 20 post back. No, it's up to 40 post back now.

Beary

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks