Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:37 PM
pup
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the $14 is so insignificant, a mountainous molehill if you will, why did Fuel Moto choose to lie over such a trivial amount?

From most accounts, they are the greatest vendor since sliced Wonder Bread, but why lie?

A fair counteroffer was made, but why throw in a lie to boot?

It's the little things that cost the most in the end.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sure are a lot of fuel moto cheer leaders on this website. the simple fact is that once he was told that they would honor the posted price, that should have been the end of this.
the fact that a lot of you have spent a lot of money with them and been treated right has no bearing on this. the man was lied to and talked down to. don't blame him one bit for being upset and posting on here. it seems that fuel moto is the one that needs to work on their public relations policy. if they are that hard up for money, maybe you clowns can take up a collection for fuel moto.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:47 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by trip20
Ok, so lets assume it's not about the money. Lets just say it's all about the principle. It's just about being a good honest person. It's about being good to your fellow man. Coombayaaa... whatever.

Sounds like you're demanding character traits from others that you don't hold your self.

Why don't we also talk about you taking the "well I'm the customer so you better fix it, na na na" attitude? You know, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Where is your understanding in reverse? Where is your ability to compromise, cut a few people a break and be more understanding? Especially given the gravity of the discrepancy. PEANUTS! There's no principle at stake here. I call horse **** pal.

If I was Jamie and explained to you: hey pal, sorry there's a mistake on the site and I'm going to donkey punch my IT guy but I can't contractually sell them to you for this price. How about we split the difference and I catch the shipping for you.

That's completely reasonable.

You saw an opportunity to play the "customer card" and you rode that pony to the finish line, dead last.
I gotta agree with this. Jammie probable told him the web site always listed the higher price at this point in the conversation just to tick off the OP and get rid of him. Where's the give and take and understanding that others make mistakes too and that we don't always have to capitalize on them just because we can.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:53 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Everyone is missing the point. Some manufacturers set prices that retail establishments cannot change. They can't sell it for more, they cant sell it for less. They can't even offer discounts on it.

Fuel Moto likely has many agreements like this in place with some of their suppliers.

It's not that Jaime wanted to save $14, its that he couldn't contractually sell it for any other price than the one he gave you regardless of what the website said (which sounds like a minor typo or out of date price)

So he offered to make up for it with a price he could control, shipping. Then you got your panties in a bunch

Old 08-22-2013, 02:58 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
the fact that a lot of you have spent a lot of money with them and been treated right has no bearing on this. .
I don't agree with that, integrity carries a lot of weight in these very situations. It would be an enormous challenge to look through all past threads and count the number happy customers compared to unhappy customers. I would venture to guess it's at least 500 to 1 in favor of happy customers. So if I have to choose between Fuelmotos reputation and someone saying (using your words): "lied to and talked down to", I'm going to trust Fuelmoto. They earned it. Now if things change, we will hear about again. But right now, Fuelmoto is top of my list for Stage 1 upgrades.

Beary

Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

I remember years ago I stopped at a small used car lot to look at a car for sale that caught my eye. Checked it out, price was fair, decided to myself I was going to buy it and come back for it in a little while.
About that time a man in a red and white Ford Granada slowed down in the road of heavy traffic, rolled the window down, waved and yelled "Hey Good Buddy!", and drove away.
The Salesman waved like crazy, then told me "Yeah man, that's one of my customers. I have sold him 3 or 4 cars over the years. I cut him a hell of a good deal on that car the other day".
I turned and walked away, didn't say a word. That was my Dad in that Granada, I was with him when He bought it new at the Dealership. Dad never dealt with that man. It was all BS.
To hell with that man's car. Price did not mean nothing.
Principle means a lot to some folks.
At any price.
If true, I don't blame the OP.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:00 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by BMCsteve

So he offered to make up for it with a price he could control, shipping. Then you got your panties in a bunch
It was half the difference = 16 verses 30. And yeah but wasn't the OP buying 600 other dollars of stuff that Jamie makes? He could "control" the prices on those parts right? Maybe since the OP had him in a mistaken false advertising situation you would think he would have taken the 30 bucks off some other part and call it a day.

But I'm not Jamie. Hope he chimes in soon.

lp

Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I had a similar situation when I placed my order with Fuel Moto. It may have been the same lady that took my order. She plugged everything in, and I told her I wanted the chrome air filter kit. She said she did not know if they had any left, told me to hold on, and she went and looked.

After a minute she comes back and said they had 1 left, she grabbed it and put it aside for my order. We proceeded to finish up the $900+ transaction and the price she told me was $30 less than online. Most people probably wouldn't have said anything but I knew exactly what she did. She had put the AC as the standard one and not the chrome upgrade she just went and got. She adjusted the price UP and thanked me for being honest. She said she would have hated to call me back and tell me the price was different.

So if I wouldn't have said anything should Fuelmoto have been responsible to eat the $30 cost difference if they noticed the mistake? They DID tell me the total for my items (Probably even more of a 'contract' than a website order). If they would have called me back I would have told them to charge $30 more to my card.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

What a bunch of asshat fanboys.

Fuel Moto used to be on my short list of preferred vendors. Note the words used to be. I am currently helping a newbie rider friend choose his stage 1 setup. Fuel Moto just got dropped from that list.

Most likely the law would back FM in that they are not required to sell the items for an incorrect price.
http://www.consumeradvertisinglawblo...retailers.html

The bigger more important part of this is that Jamie the owner apparently was willng to state that the item had never been priced at that level. The fact that Jamie lied about the price and then had the website changed shows that he knew this and then trid to cover his tracks.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't do business with liars.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM
AmishindianHD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDVmnt
Jeezus .. You wasted even more time typing all that crap. Get a life.
I'm new here and even I can't see the value in that?

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks