Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto... No Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy
I'll post this again for the 3rd time now??? It's not the money. What don't you people understand? It's not that hard.
Ok, so lets assume it's not about the money. Lets just say it's all about the principle. It's just about being a good honest person. It's about being good to your fellow man. Coombayaaa... whatever.

Sounds like you're demanding character traits from others that you don't hold your self.

Why don't we also talk about you taking the "well I'm the customer so you better fix it, na na na" attitude? You know, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Where is your understanding in reverse? Where is your ability to compromise, cut a few people a break and be more understanding? Especially given the gravity of the discrepancy. PEANUTS! There's no principle at stake here. I call horse **** pal.

If I was Jamie and explained to you: hey pal, sorry there's a mistake on the site and I'm going to donkey punch my IT guy but I can't contractually sell them to you for this price. How about we split the difference and I catch the shipping for you.

That's completely reasonable.

You saw an opportunity to play the "customer card" and you rode that pony to the finish line, dead last.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 492 Likes on 313 Posts

These are the reviews I look for online.

OP you posted your experience AND a screenshot of the price in question.

Typical Fanboi's chime in that "x" can do no wrong.

My opinion, did the OP make a mountain out of a molehill? Depends on how you look at it.

Basically we have $14 difference that was an error on the part of Fuel Moto. If in fact the OP called several times and talked to 3 different people (including the owner) why wouldn't they just eat the $14 and be done with it. Now maybe the OP was a complete asshat on the phone, I don't know but it doesn't change the fact that a price was posted but not honored and when confronted someone changed the price on said website.

Pretty shaddy imo and if it happened to any of you, you'd be crying foul too. $14 or $14,000, it doesn't really matter the amount it's still not right.

Put it this way, if you walked into your local dealer and say a brand spankin new super turbo whammy glide for $20,000 but when you went to write the check it was actually $20,500 (before taxes and dealer fees/markups ) would you say anything? After all it's ONLY 2.5% of the purchase price (yeah $14 is roughly 2.5% of $615).

Old 08-22-2013, 02:09 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDERED67
No, no its not.
Ok ok, I had this same problem with my VW Beatle in the 60s. It's been a few years, so I'm reaching way back in the memory closet on this one. I want to give the right advice because I don't think it worked out well for me.

Beary

Old 08-22-2013, 02:10 PM
lakedrum03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trip20
Ok, so lets assume it's not about the money. Lets just say it's all about the principle. It's just about being a good honest person. It's about being good to your fellow man. Coombayaaa... whatever.

Sounds like you're demanding character traits from others that you don't hold your self.

Why don't we also talk about you taking the "well I'm the customer so you better fix it, na na na" attitude? You know, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Where is your understanding in reverse? Where is your ability to compromise, cut a few people a break and be more understanding? Especially given the gravity of the discrepancy. PEANUTS! There's no principle at stake here. I call horse **** pal.

If I was Jamie and explained to you: hey pal, sorry there's a mistake on the site and I'm going to donkey punch my IT guy but I can't contractually sell them to you for this price. How about we split the difference and I catch the shipping for you.

You saw an opportunity to play the "customer card" and you rode that pony to the finish line, dead last.
Amen, my brother.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:13 PM
gred-04
Tourer

There is some truth to this BUT the OP wasn't the one advertising and selling a product.

Moto was wrong here doesn't matter who made the screwup. The response ( if that really happened ) that they are contractually obligated to sell at a certain price and nothing they can do demonstrates they have a little attitude as well.

There are laws that govern the nature of advertising to protect the consumer. Not to mention FED organizations to assist with issues. Moto could has easily taken care of this by honoring the advertised price and they REFUSED several times.

So for that I guess the OP is a a$$.

Shame really as Moto has already lost more than $30 bucks with the bad pr and the OP sits without the items he wanted. WIN-WIN

Old 08-22-2013, 02:16 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I see the OP's point, all businesses do screw up here and there but..... If it was not for the lie about the website price I would agree with the rest of you that the OP over reacted but when he was lied to thats where the rubber met the road, the line was drawn in the sand, the last straw was taken LOL In all seriousness I think the OP has a point with the lie.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM
mmf
Cruiser

I'm too laid back to even comment on this thread.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
bbrooks1963
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with the OP. While I don't think this was a case of "bait and switch", it is the responsibility of the seller to honor the price they advertise on their website. That's want all of expect from any reputable seller we do business with. Who would go back and do business with an online retailer if they changed their price the first time we placed an order with them.

I have purchased several items from FuelMoto and I have always had a positive experience, but that being said, if my first experience had been like the Op, I would not have purchased from them again.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:27 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Trip20 right on the money

Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fishboy
Ding ding ding! See guys, it's not that hard to see the problem. Do not lie to me. Done!
all that aside, do you really think FM is selling stuff at such a low mark up he couldn't have gotten off another $15? Believe me, there is mark up sufficient on everything they sell to give a couple points off and not sweat it. It would have been worth a return customer in my opinion, not to mention the word of mouth kudo's as opposed to the negative word of mouth that is always harder to get past.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto... No Thanks