Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & hines VS D&D

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vance & hines VS D&D

Almost time to order my new exhaust for my 2013 Street Glide!

Of course I am looking for performance, but I am also looking for an aggressive sound. I hate riding with my buddies, my bike purrs like a kitten, I want to her to bark! I am debating on going with:

D&D Fat Cat or Vance & Hines Pro Pipe.

Vance & Hines is about 300 bucks cheaper so it makes me wonder if the D&D is really that much better? Also I saw an option to add the "Competition Baffle" to the Vance & Hines, might these make a performance/sound difference?

Thanks for your input!

Old 08-22-2013, 04:38 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Both of those pipes are loud as hell and make your ears ring after riding a few hours. I've had both and like the V&H much better. No funky bend under the passenger peg and nice looking body and end cap.

That said, if you really tour with the bike, want a deep throaty aggressive sound when you get on it, but want to save your hearing try out the V&H Hi-Output slipons. Out of all the pipes I've had those were pretty much cherry. Perfect balance.

lp

Old 08-22-2013, 06:02 AM
glider69
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BOSOXFan
Almost time to order my new exhaust for my 2013 Street Glide!

Of course I am looking for performance, but I am also looking for an aggressive sound. I hate riding with my buddies, my bike purrs like a kitten, I want to her to bark! I am debating on going with:

D&D Fat Cat or Vance & Hines Pro Pipe.

Vance & Hines is about 300 bucks cheaper so it makes me wonder if the D&D is really that much better? Also I saw an option to add the "Competition Baffle" to the Vance & Hines, might these make a performance/sound difference?

Thanks for your input!
I have ran both and the pro pipe Ho makes a little better power on than the d&d and the pro pipe Ho is alot louder than the d&d. I have a black pro pipe Ho in great shape complete with heat shields ill sell for 250 if your interested. Email me at mfrancis800@gmail.com thanks

Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

If you want to make your riding buddies jealous, and have biker chicks get weak between the legs when riding bitch, get a set of these: http://www.mgscustombikes.com/mgs-exhaust/

Old 08-22-2013, 06:12 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser

Email sent!

Old 08-22-2013, 06:24 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser

Are you kidding me? MGS, i was just looking at their website. LEss than 6 months ago i was stationed 10 minutes down the road and had never heard of them. Dang it!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I finished my swap from V&H True Duals and Monster Ovals to a D&D Boarzilla with a 'ghost pipe' just last weekend. Both products are superb quality and fit...but a totally different sound!

I have yet to ride with the D&D's for an extended period of time...but right now I am diggin' the new sound!

Steve

Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser

I was goign to get the Barzilla but iwas told it was made for at least a 113 or above and it just would work well with the 103. that was from a few folks on here and D&D. They said i would actually lose HP insted of gain.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCJE8
I finished my swap from V&H True Duals and Monster Ovals to a D&D Boarzilla with a 'ghost pipe' just last weekend. Both products are superb quality and fit...but a totally different sound!

I have yet to ride with the D&D's for an extended period of time...but right now I am diggin' the new sound!

Steve
I was liking the noise for a while but Im searching for something quiet now. Long trips will leave your ears ringing for days.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

i just had the "stealer" put on some RC head pipes and 4" slash cuts. i love the sound http://rccomponents.com/rcxhaust/pro...al_headers.htm
very similar to this video http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...833B490A097CE1

Quick Reply: Vance & hines VS D&D