Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Rain Gear that dont take up much saddlebag room

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:52 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,696 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by stevemay1
My wifes Harley rain suit I roll up and use velcro straps around it and it fits nicely in the channels at the bottom of the bag it is almost like it doesn't take any space at all
This is what I do with a good aftermarket motorcycle rain suit. Roll it up tight, strap it with velcro. They stack in the bottom of the bag like kindling and take up very little room. Easier for me than trying to fold them flat. I have ridden for 2 days in pouring rain so I know they work well. It is always kept in the bike. It does not mind other crap getting put on top of it.

I used to have a "breathable" set, but after hours in the rain it got wet inside. I opted for a fully waterproof set with an exhaust protective patch and that has worked out great for the last 5 or 6 years.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:06 AM
rwtrick
Road Captain
Received 287 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I've got a Tour Master rain suit and it works well ... I've had this one for about 6 years and it's still in pretty good shape ... The Ol Gal has an HD suit and they both fit in the bag with plenty of room to spare for other stuff.
I also have a TourMaster 2 piece rain suit. Folds up nicely into a small bag. I've worn it through extremely heavy rain for hours and stayed dry. Reasonably price as well.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

HD set here too. I was advised to avoid any that could melt on the pipes.
A Guy in the forum gave some advice once to keep a few Walmart bags rolled up tight in your bags for all kinds of things. Slip one over your boot, it slides right into the rain pants easy, does not catch on anything.
You can fold the Wally bags flat, roll 'em up tight, smaller than a cigar. All kinds of uses...

Old 08-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I have an Olympia Horizon rain jacket. Its nice. Don't usually wear rain pants. Whatever you get, get something with bright colors and not just something black. You need to be as visible as possible in the rain.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Just a suggestion... these pack pretty easy in your wallet, and come in all different colors

Old 08-16-2013, 12:57 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Just a suggestion... these pack pretty easy in your wallet, and come in all different colors

I've found what I need.Thanks

Old 08-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm leaning towards the 2 peice Olympia Horizon gear. Read a bunch of reviews...and all positive. Its a little pricey but Id rather buy something good once than crap 3 times

Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM
OneOhFifthRKC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over the last 30 years I have had three or four rain suits.

When I was young and poor I too tried to get cheap suits. At each stage in rain suits I have found that you generally get what you pay for.

I currently have the HD Hy-Viz suit. It is an excellent suit. The best I have tried. Yes, it is a tad pricey. The heat shields on the pant legs are worth the price.

My only wish is that I had waited for the Yellow to come in, I took the Orange that was on the shelf. I think the Yellow is is more visible during a daylight rain.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Frogg Toggs sells a kit, for a couple bucks, to put a heat resistant patch where you are worried it might melt.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:21 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 564 Likes on 394 Posts

Carry a couple of large 4 mil trash bags.

Quick Reply: Help with Rain Gear that dont take up much saddlebag room