Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo tour pack mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013 | 06:30 AM
VTL nut
|
Road Warrior
Default Solo tour pack mount

I have just read lately the moco makes a bracket that allows the tour pack to be mounted as a back rest for the driver. It is a "solo tourpack mounting kit".

Anyone have one and care to comment?
I am having a helluva time tracking down much info in the catalog, except verbiage. No pix, no part #s that I would trust. Before I go to the stealer and ask for one I would like some feedback if they are all there cracked up to be, what the cost was, and what they look like.
Thanks in advance,
Bob

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:03 AM
VTL nut
|
Road Warrior

O.K.
I found the part # and illustration in the catalog. Still would like some feedback on would you buy and install again? Was it worth it? Got pix?
Thanks again

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:05 AM
2manytoys
Tourer

I use a solo mount a lot when I travel and it makes a great back rest plus keeps the added weight closer to you. Mounts on the front shocks and the docking hardware used for the passenger backrest. Requires the use of a solo seat. It looks similar to the two up detachable mount but with the front slots a little wider to reach the front sock mounts.

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:09 AM
kneichko
Cruiser

I heard of some mounting on top of stock seat with minor indentations on passenger seat. Any truth to this? I want a solo set up but don't want to have to buy a solo seat.

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:13 AM
2manytoys
Tourer

Her is one on my old 09 SG. Kind of a crappy pic but you'll get the idea.

Solo tour pack mount-dsc01189.jpg

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:19 AM
Smurdamat1
Cruiser

Love mine for travel and riding to work everyday accomodates nicely. I like the support as well. Also like that I can pop it off if I just want to run around town a bit and have more fun!

Attached Thumbnails Solo tour pack mount-bike-lowers-chopped.jpg  
Old 08-15-2013 | 07:22 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by kneichko
I heard of some mounting on top of stock seat with minor indentations on passenger seat. Any truth to this? I want a solo set up but don't want to have to buy a solo seat.
no, it will not fit with a two up, or fastback style seat. you must have a solo seat.

i've been using this set up since 2007. i don't need a passenger pillion, or a back seat. the wife rides her own bike so my bike is configured for my comfort. yes, i would do it again. in fact, i have done it on my 2007 roadking, my 2010 roadglide custom, and now on my 2013 cvo roadglide.

Old 08-15-2013 | 08:05 AM
VTL nut
|
Road Warrior

I wondered about the seat thing, for the Mrs and I use the Sundowner, but then I bought the Badlander for looks and thought maybe that would give enough clearance. The Badlander by itself sux for there is NO back support, and leaves me sliding all over.
I thought if there was clearance, the tour pack would help keep me located as well as add back support.

Thank you gents for the picks, it actually looks pretty good for it adds a little symmetry
to the saddle bags being directly above them. Thanks again,
Bob

Old 08-15-2013 | 02:01 PM
jefla
Road Master

I use one w/ a chopped TP and like it. V/ comfortable. I added saftey locks (not HD) to the quick release, as otherwise it can be popped off in moments. I use the smallest HD backrest pad, which I had recovered in the same leather as is in on my C&C seat. One day I'm going buy another back rest and install it upside down and below the standard mount in order to provide lumbar support.

Last edited by jefla; 08-15-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2013 | 03:15 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Here's the solo setup on my 2012 Street Glide..

I have the mount, two point docking kit and the Mustang solo seat for sale in the classified section....or PM me for details...
I like it, but I've traded the SG in for a new Ultra Classic and kept the mount and docking kit...no tourpac.

Quick Reply: Solo tour pack mount